Phantom 1.2.1 flying shaky after installing new MC/LED board

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Well let me start by saying this has not been my month when it comes to my Phantom. I bought and installed a Beholder Lite brushless gimbal for my Phantom and flew it and it worked great. I then opened it back up and got the tilt function set up and working. When I put the shell back on, however, the Phantom would not start up. I figured out the MC board was no longer sending out power so I bought and installed a new board. Once it was all hooked back up the gimbal no longer would stabilize... but that's a story for a different day.

I have upgraded the firmware to 4.02, reset to default parameters, ran an advanced calibration and calibrated all of my sticks. I also did a compass calibration outdoors. When I fly it now, it almost seems louder and squeakier than before. Also, it doesn't seem to hover in one place like it should. Is there something else I need to adjust since installing my new boards? I'll have to look at my gyro, acceleration and compass values after work tonight but I do know my MOD is around 1500... is that normal? If not, do I need to try the magnet trick? It's just been one thing after another lately and I just want to fly like I did before, without problems.

Thanks in advance

Re: Phantom 1.2.1 flying shaky after installing new MC/LED b

Well I had thought it might be a motor issue so I ordered and installed T-Motor antigravity motors (which I wanted anyway) and then I flew again. Unfortunately after $190 motors and $75 in new MC/LED and receiver boards it's still flying terribly.

Even when I put the Phantom into Attitude mode it is still extremely shaky. I'm thinking it could be a naza issue but everything seems fine in the assistant software so I really don't know. All of my lights light up like they should so I don't think it could be a GPS issue. Has anyone ever heard of a Phantom flying badly in all modes? I've done all the calibrations available and reset to default parameters but nothing is working. After over a week of waiting DJI emailed me back and just gave me a technical support number to call...

Thanks again for any input

Well, I finally got my Phantom back today after a 3 week wait and the note on the inside said they changed my ESC (as I had asked, because I accidentally bought red instead of green) and that they added shielding tape to my GPS. The note also claimed that the Phantom was flying great and had no errors.

UNFORTUNATELY, I knew the ESC wasn't the issue and there was no way that fixed it. I put on my props (that I sent them) and powered it on and... of course, it flies just as bad as it did before I spent $30 sending it in and waiting weeks to get it back.

So yeah, long story short, DJI claimed they fixed my Phantom but they clearly did not. I emailed them but I'm sure I won't even hear back for days, if at all.

I'll probably end up calling them to see what they say but I just thought I'd update this thread.

Thanks-

Mine is doing the same thing and indidnthe exact same thing you did. New anti gravities, props. No improvement. Spent 30 bucks mailing it back to dji. Hope yet fix it cause I'm dumping it as soon as I can!!!

Couple of things to check - Assistant ->Basic -> aircraft - make sure 2nd box from left is checked. Try loading default settings back (from calibration page) then do an advance calibration.

How about the transmitter, did DJI use theirs or yours when testing?

second Is there interference on/with your transmitter frequency in your area?

If anyone would like to see my problem, here are two videos I uploaded to dropbox. One was mistakenly filmed vertically on my iPhone so you may need to tilt your head or open in VLC and rotate the video.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pgqii411wta5fod/5Bl3wKIzJe

I sent them my props and my remote so I would think they used mine. I have tried 10 different props (2 of them brand new, the other 8 of them balanced) and it flies the same with every one. I don't believe it's my transmitter but that would make sense I think. My buddy has a transmitter I could use but his is DBUS and mine is PPM so I don't think his will sync with him.

I've tried flying in open areas and it flies just as bad as it does near my apartment.

My anti gravity props are coming Friday so hopefully I will solve this by then.

Last night DJI asked me to send them videos so they will see what I have posted here as well.

Thanks for the help guys!

well guys, it seems I've solved the issue with a little help from the advice in this thread.

It turns out that my sticks (I'm assuming, because I only swapped them out) were the problem. I flew once the sticks were swapped out and my Phantom flew great!

I guess DJI must have used their own transmitter because they said that it flew fine for them.

Thanks again for the help guys! Hopefully this will help someone else in a similar situation

FlyGuy07 said:
well guys, it seems I've solved the issue with a little help from the advice in this thread.

It turns out that my sticks (I'm assuming, because I only swapped them out) were the problem. I flew once the sticks were swapped out and my Phantom flew great!

:cool:
I guess DJI must have used their own transmitter because they said that it flew fine for them.

Thanks again for the help guys! Hopefully this will help someone else in a similar situation

Glad you finally got your issue resolved. I've just installed a Beholder GoPro Brushless Gimbal Lite on my Phantom. Things seem to work fine except I am not able to control the pitch of the camera. I've gone into Naza M software and turned on the gimbal switch and calibrated X1. made the connections for the gimbal on F2 inside the Phantom. I have a hunch this could be solved if I could get the software for the gimbal but the link to the software in the manual doesn't work. Any tips for getting the proper software to connect this device would be welcome.
Jerry

Addendum,
I was able to successfully download a software called:

Simple BGC_2_40

Problem is it won't run on my Windows 7 computer. I get some sort of Java error and updated Java on my machine but no luck. Any ideas are welcome.

Jerry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20