Phantom 1.1.1 with P2V props - Gain adjustment?

havasuphoto said:
They almost seem too thin......just wondering what those with Genuine Vision Props, have for thickness at the ends?? They seem very bendy......

They are pretty thin. I'm sure they are genuine. They are flexible, light, and thin. Well, not 100% sure, but if they fly, they work.

Here is a quick screenshot of my gain settings for these larger props. I'm still not 100% satisfied, but getting closer. Basically, the lower they are, the more slowly it will move/respond to controls, whether automated or manual. They also affect the max 'tilt' that you would see while moving. Eltoro explained it all much better.

Sorry for the font size, the DJI Assistant software doesn't properly adhere to Win8 desktop scaling.

Attachments

• phantom-gains.png
    phantom-gains.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 611
Thanks for posting the screen shot...unfortunately, I'm screwed.

Well great!! Guess what!! My e-bay "Vision" props don't fit!!!! The square "key-way" isn't big enough!!!
So, I'm screwed. And, unless someone has a set of Vision props they want to sell, that will fit the Phantom 1.2, I'm pretty done with what I can do right now.
I even tried these props on 2 different sets of engines-and they just will not fit onto the shafts!! I'm so pissed right now.
Rule #1: Fit the props before you spend an hour balancing them!!!
These are being returned for a refund.
I no longer trust any e-bay seller of these props, without the nuts. Like I said, I even have a set of reverse thread engines(Phantom 1.1.1), and these didn't fit onto the shaft.
They're not marked DJI, but QXDA or something like that.

havasuphoto said:
Thanks for posting the screen shot...unfortunately, I'm screwed.
Well great!! Guess what!! My e-bay "Vision" props don't fit!!!! The square "key-way" isn't big enough!!!
I no longer trust any e-bay seller of these props, without the nuts. Like I said, I even have a set of reverse thread engines(Phantom 1.1.1), and these didn't fit onto the shaft.
They're not marked DJI, but QXDA or something like that.

WOW! I'm sorry to hear that.

What square 'key way' do you mean though? These don't go down far enough to hit the square 'lock' that is used for props with nuts.

Mine screw on perfectly, for the CCW and CW motors, respectively.. so something is wrong.

If it is after-market, the slightest difference in thread size can make them not work.

I also don't trust many eBay sellers. You can get good deals, but man.. shady.

Go from a reputable RC dealer. All-e-rc has done me well, so far.. though there may be others that are more reliable. They also sell on Amazon and eBay I think.

I checked mine and they have "DJI" and a four digit number written real small on them.. see pic below...

Ok, pic sucks, can't see crap, but.. well, that's where they are

Attachments

• 2014-02-03 17.48.42.jpg
    2014-02-03 17.48.42.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 346
Wow, i've never encountered that with eBay props. Did you get the plastic or cf? I wouldn't give up yet though. So long as they're a total loss (and presumably not worth sending back for a refund), I would try taking some emery paper to the inner hub and see if it can be widened out a bit to fit. You'll probably have to rebalance a bit afterwards.

ElGuano said:
Wow, i've never encountered that with eBay props. Did you get the plastic or cf? I wouldn't give up yet though. So long as they're a total loss (and presumably not worth sending back for a refund), I would try taking some emery paper to the inner hub and see if it can be widened out a bit to fit. You'll probably have to rebalance a bit afterwards.
They were $25 shipped from 1 State away-so worth sending back.
They have to be able to slide down onto the motor shaft, and engage the square part of that hub-or they will spin and come loose.
I have both the older 1.2 engines-all screws turn the same way, and the new 1.1.1 engines with the black dot, self-tightening nuts. These won't slip onto either.

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.(try hosting the pictures on Photobucket dot com, and select medium size, and use the link to upload the image to here-might be smaller).
Mine have the correct prop part number-but it's not DJI. I'll peer at it Tomorrow and see what is written and see if it will show up in a photo.

EMCSQUAR said:
Yo Hav,
These are the ones I bought and they fit great. So well I bought 2 extra sets before he "jacks" his prices. And they work well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291027413645?ss ... 1497.l2649

Those aren't self-tightening.. why would you by them?

EDIT: Actually, for only $5 more you get self-tightening, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-2-Pairs-9- ... 43c42130ff

After going to self-tightening, I'd never go back. Those nuts are a pain, and can even be lost in mid-flight.

EMCSQUAR said:
Yo Hav,
These are the ones I bought and they fit great. So well I bought 2 extra sets before he "jacks" his prices. And they work well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291027413645?ss ... 1497.l2649
Do you have a Phantom 1 w/o self-tightening props/engines?
That's what I need. Do they say DJI on them, or something else?
wanna sell a pair?
I have a phantom 1.2-so no self-tightening for me right now. I have the 1.1.1 engines, but I want to try these out first..before I swap out engines. And, I always check my nuts :)

I posted an update above, but that guy has 9" Phantom 2 self-tightening props for nearly 50% of the retail price I last bought them for! Awesome, thanks for the link :).

EDIT: SEE BELOW, they are cheaper because they are generics ...

EMCSQUAR said:
Yo Hav,
I have a phantom 1.2-so no self-tightening for me right now. I have the 1.1.1 engines, but I want to try these out first..before I swap out engines. And, I always check my nuts :)

LOL, checking one's nuts is fun ;).

You do know you don't have to swap engines or anything to use the self-tightening props I guess, right? They just slap right on... unless you have some different engines than what I'm aware of.

p.s. You can see in the preview of these prop images that they are NOT made by DJI. They have the same marker as my 9" prop guards "xoxoxo" or whatever...

E20077-1.jpg

Yep, that's what's on the one's I received, that didn't fit.
Yes, I know I don't have to use the self-tightening nuts/engines. I have them, just not installed yet. I'm waiting to see if I can get some vision props for my phantom 1.2, that will fit!!!

havasuphoto said:
I think all the DJI one's have nuts.

DJI makes self-tightening props (those w/o nuts). They come with the Phantom 2 props. That is what I've installed on my Phantom 1. Dunno what others have installed. Once you go self-tightening, you never go back.

dbcch said:
havasuphoto said:
I think all the DJI one's have nuts.

DJI makes self-tightening props (those w/o nuts). They come with the Phantom 2 props. That is what I've installed on my Phantom 1. Dunno what others have installed.
How are they self-tightening? Are they threaded? I need non-threaded, without nuts. On the back of the prop, there should be a square section inside the prop, that aligns with the flat side of the threads on the motors.
Do you have a link?
Also, my props have the letters; "O-XOXO" then the 9xxxR(the correct part number for the vision props-don't remember the numbers off the top of my head). don't know what the R means.
anyways-just tried them again, and they definitely will not fit...no way, no how.
Does anyone have an extra set, that will definitely fit on my phantom 1.2? I pay for them-but I want to make sure they fit, and I only need 1 set.

They are threaded. They don't have nuts. They simply screw on the motor, end up stopping right above the rectangular protrusion that holds the locking propellers. And because of the direction they screw, they self-tighten as they rotate. They should fit ANY model except those that do NOT have CW and CCW threading on their motors. That was like v1.0 only I think, or something. v1.1+ should be good. I may be off on my version numbers though.

Self-tightening props are so simple and easy,the info video is for fun.

and will work on your Phantom 1 if it has different colored nuts (that means it has CW/CCW threading).

And hava, are you tryign to build post count? :) You can find this out yourself I gotta say.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdt1xvE__f0[/youtube]

I saw these videos months ago, and am very familiar with them. It's not the nuts-it's the engines.
Version 1.2 has all engines threaded in the same direction. Version 1.1.1 changed the thread pattern of two of the engines-so the threads are self-tightening. I have both engines-but, I want to use the non-self tightening nuts for now.....
as for my thread count....not sure what that has to do with anything.
I try to contribute as much as I can......

havasuphoto said:
I saw these videos months ago, and am very familiar with them. It's not the nuts-it's the engines.
Version 1.2 has all engines threaded in the same direction. Version 1.1.1 changed the thread pattern of two of the engines-so the threads are self-tightening. I have both engines-but, I want to use the non-self tightening nuts for now.....
as for my thread count....not sure what that has to do with anything.
I try to contribute as much as I can......

1.2 introduced the ccw threaded motors but did not come with self-tightening props. It had standard non-threaded props with separate self-tightening nuts. DJI is so loosey-goosey with versions that some may have shipped differently, but that's the official line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31