Phantom 1.1.1 ver 4.00 question

Reaction score
I have read in some posts that after powering up the quad, getting the correct led flashes, doing compass dance....to disconnect battery and re power the quad again. What is the purpose for that? I never do that.

I guess they think the home point fix might be screwed, you often lose some satellites while you have hold of it in the intimate dance move.
There seems some uncertainty whether home point is set at the second rapid green flashes or you have to start and take off to fully mark it.
As an experienced user you could just take off anyway and reset home in the air if at all concerned.

As I understand the first set of long quick flashes sets course lock and second set marks home point but only locks in after throttle is advanced.

Monte55 said:
As I understand the first set of long quick flashes sets course lock and second set marks home point but only locks in after throttle is advanced.

Correct.

I sometimes use the "one battery for warm up, different battery for flight" method but only when testing batts or other things and I want the batts used to always start with the same voltage for consistency. But, I don't know of any good reason to do it for just general flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj