phantom 1.1.1 strange behavior

Reaction score
hello guys.
I have a phantom 1.1.1 with NAZA V2 for 4 months. It always flew without any trouble, but pilot inexperience. Two days ago, I went to the flying club to test a new gimbal bought from eBay. I was alone in the club, no one was flying, and there were no external devices which could cause electromagnetic interference in sight. The wifi in the gopro was off too. I performed all required preflight procedures, including compass calibration and waiting for the position lock before starting the engines. As the phantom took off, in gps mode, it went upwards very fast and started going backwards, as if it had entered failsafe mode and was heading to land God knows where. The controls were not responsive. So I turned to Atti mode and regained control of the drone. I was able to land it safely. I powercycled it and tried to take off in Atti mode. That was no problem with that and I even was able to turn on GPS mode during the flight, without problems. Then, as I changed batteries (I own seven 2200mAh 3s), it eventually would behave the same way, if I tried to take off in gps mode. I had a nice and fun afternoon, but I don't feel I can trust the phantom's orientation system and I fear it may completely lose control anytime.

Has any of you guys experienced something like this?

I tried reading about phantom flyaway online, but there are a lot of weird histories and none similar to mine. It seems that there is some kind of miscommunication between the transmitter and the NAZA.

What do you think?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4