Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 1.1.1 prop balancing

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Imabiggles, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Imabiggles

Good morning all, I have a new phantom on its way to me and noticed its a 1.1.1 with the integrated prop hub/nut. How the heck do you balance them if they dont have a 'through hole' for the balancer shaft?

Been in RC for 25 years, recently with DYI foameys but lost a interest in them a couple of years ago. Figured old fart needs another hobby so Ill give AP a try.

Regards all!

2. FangsCPO

Very good question!!! I'm dying to hear the response to this since I'm looking at purchasing the Phantom Vision and I'm assuming it will have the same props.

3. Imabiggles

I have the question to DJI - Ill post here if I get a response.

4. miskatonic

DJI props are pre-balanced. You won't need to re-balance stock props.

5. rilot

They aren't balanced very well then. All of my DJI props were quite a long way out.

6. cczx14r

I just received my new Phantom V1.1.1 with the supposedly balanced capped props. Fortunately it came with the 2 silver and 2 black prop nuts so that you can use the standard props that can be balanced, if you so choose.

7. timholyoake

I think the original question was ... How do you balance the DJI provided props.

I would love to know myself. SO FAR the DJI props that I have had have been pretty close. BUT that's not to say that I have SO FAR been lucky.

Or that with a little ware and tare they may need attention in the future.

8. Imabiggles

My email was forwarded by DJI support to another area with the question, no reply at all despite a couple of email prompts. My guess is they believe 'pre-balanced' is good enough.

9. porl_hopkins

10. Imabiggles

I know how to calibrate a normal prop, that wasnt the question. if you are not familiar with v1.1.1 props-the nut is integral to the prop and there is not thru-hole.

11. PhantomFan

Yeah, that technique won't work when you can't remove the spinner nut cap from the props in the manner that they are supplied with the Phantom version 1.1.1. There's no way to put the bar through. :evil:

PF

12. porl_hopkins

Sorry Imabggles......wasnt aware that the prop nuts were attached to the props.... my bad :roll:

13. jamesb72

I was looking at the new props, and dubro balanced and figured out you can easily balance the new props using a dubro balancer and some std fuel tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdVa0jWowI

Its actually quicker than balancing normal props !

My kit props the black nut props were fine out of the box, the silver ones needed a bit of sanding to balance, can't say i could see any vibration before balancing, but much happier now they are balanced.

Annoyingly, as I undertsood the new props couldn't be balanced I have bought two sets of the old props and a set of the new nuts, which I don't now need ;)

14. PhantomFan

Unfortunately, I have one of the magnetic balancers, not the Dubro. No possibility for me to do it that way. No matter, I'm going to be flying CF blades almost exclusively after my flying skills are back 100%. I got in about 15 flights today, ten on my Phantom five on my Jumper 600, and five on my silly Syma X-1.

If you can learn to fly the Syma, you can fly ANYTHING, since the only mode that quad flies in is "manual." That silly $33 toy is the best quad trainer ever! In windy weather, cold or rain, I put the cars out of the garage, and fly it in there. My 3 car garage is like a gymnasium when the cars are out! :lol:

PF