Phantom 1.1.1 price drop at B&H

They actually show a map on a part of their website that shows who can expect the product in 1-2 days. Mostly NY, NJ, CT and PA.

Alrighty then,
My new bird arrived @7:30 last night, thanks UPS, and it looks so perty.
Lets see if I can keep it out of the cow patties and trees. :) I'll post more about it here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...fpv-for-29-55-18-grams-without-antenna.44907/

I weighed it, 634.3 grams without fuel. With stock battery 804.0.

Just ordered mine for $299 on B&H as well. 1 day shipping to Texas because I'm impatient... :(

Welcome to the party Sros,

Check out my signature for some helpful links... enjoy the show, and start studying if you haven't already.

Reactions: SRos1015 and Woody
Alrighty then,
My new bird arrived @7:30 last night, thanks UPS, and it looks so perty.
Lets see if I can keep it out of the cow patties and trees. :) I'll post more about it here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...fpv-for-29-55-18-grams-without-antenna.44907/

I weighed it, 634.3 grams without fuel. With stock battery 804.0.

Welcome to the party Sros,

Check out my signature for some helpful links... enjoy the show, and start studying if you haven't already.

Thanks iflyinWY!

Reactions: IflyinWY
Guys, other than the frequency what's the difference between the 1.1.1 and the FC40? I have a SJ4000 and SJ5000+ so I don't really care about the 1.1.1 not coming with a camera. Tell you how sick I am, I just lost my job so money is tight but doggone it, $300 is pretty hard to pass up. Hey, I don't mind eating rice and beans for a while for deals like that.. :D
Does anyone think B&H will go even lower?

Thanks in advance,
BOT

Last edited:
I'm not sure they are even being made anymore. I just received my third P1 a few days back. My other two are flying fine. I didn't want to miss out. If they get low on stock the price may go up like they did to the FC40.

Guys, other than the frequency what's the difference between the 1.1.1 and the FC40? I have a SJ4000 and SJ5000+ so I don't really care about the 1.1.1 not coming with a camera. Tell you how sick I am, I just my my job so money is tight but doggone it, $300 is pretty hard to pass up. Hey, I don't mind eating rice and beans for a while for deals like that.. :D
Does anyone think B&H will go even lower?

Thanks in advance,
BOT

I had a job once, or maybe twice, they are overrated. Flying a brand spanking new Phantom for under 300 bucks, well, now that's just freaking cool.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...rams-without-antenna.44907/page-2#post-422021

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Reactions: IflyinWY
Didja go watch the video?

I did. Awesome, congrats on the new bird!.. Dude, you aren't making this any easier for me.. ;)
I'm going to guess your in either Montana or Wyoming.

EDIT
Uhmm, just realized the WY in your ID. :D
guess I'd be right about Wyoming. Blaming it on a "senior moment" :)

BOT

Last edited:
I did. Awesome, congrats on the new bird!.. Dude, you aren't making this any easier for me.. ;)
I'm going to guess your in either Montana or Wyoming.

BOT

Check out the name... I fly in WY.
You just got to see some of the terrain just West of Buffalo, Wyoming, along Highway 16.

You just got to see some of the terrain just West of Buffalo, Wyoming, along Highway 16.

Hey, what the hell, as fate would have it I've been blessed with an abundance of free time recently so ya never know. I've ALWAYS loved the mountains! Did a little alpine style mountain climbing in the Cascades back in the day and visit my sis in Colorado as often as I can. Being a flatlander sucks. ;)
A couple of drones in the mountains,... ahhhh. life couldn't get much better..
BOT

Well I simply couldn't resist. With only hours to go before the deadline I just couldn't take it any more and pulled the trigger. Looks like rice and beans for me for a while but screw it, it's worth it! I'm glad I did because while the sale was going on they said there regular price was $350.00. Now, one day after the sale is over they have a regular price of $409.99! That's an increase of $60 over the regular price before it went on sale for $299. I have a feeling $299 is the lowest anyone will see this bird sell for new. Already bought a cheapy Boscam transmitter/receiver for it for FPV. I'd be curious to know how many units they sold at $299. I'll bet a LOT! Supposed to be delivered Friday. I'm on a first name basis with the UPS driver.. :D

BOT

Last edited:
Hey, what the hell, as fate would have it I've been blessed with an abundance of free time recently so ya never know. I've ALWAYS loved the mountains! Did a little alpine style mountain climbing in the Cascades back in the day and visit my sis in Colorado as often as I can. Being a flatlander sucks. ;)
A couple of drones in the mountains,... ahhhh. life couldn't get much better..
BOT

Here's what it looks like when 2 Phantoms are flying in the mountains... :D the flying starts at post #22 but I think the whole thread is cool, so I sent you a link to the first post. :p

Ya gotta go thru WY to get to your sis's place. Lemme know when. We'll have a swarm. :eek:

Well I simply couldn't resist. With only hours to go before the deadline I just couldn't take it any more and pulled the trigger. Looks like rice and beans for me for a while but screw it, it's worth it! I'm glad I did because while the sale was going on they said there regular price was $350.00. Now, one day after the sale is over they have a regular price of $409.99! That's an increase of $60 over the regular price before it went on sale for $299. I have a feeling $299 is the lowest anyone will see this bird sell for new. Already bought a cheapy Boscam transmitter/receiver for it for FPV. I'd be curious to know how many units they sold at $299. I'll bet a LOT! Supposed to be delivered Friday. I'm on a first name basis with the UPS driver.. :D

BOT

BlackOpsTeamster--
I was travelling in the US and this item was on my basket for quite sometime. When I saw the price drop I did the same as you, pulled the trigger and went to the store to pick it up!

I am now back home (Sao Paulo/Brazil) and can't wait for the weekend for my first flight.

I am completely new to this (and just registered in this forum). Any must read posts on DJI Phantom 1.1.1 I should make sure I read prior to my first fly?

Thank you guys!
Thiago P.

BlackOpsTeamster--
I was travelling in the US and this item was on my basket for quite sometime. When I saw the price drop I did the same as you, pulled the trigger and went to the store to pick it up!

I am now back home (Sao Paulo/Brazil) and can't wait for the weekend for my first flight.

I am completely new to this (and just registered in this forum). Any must read posts on DJI Phantom 1.1.1 I should make sure I read prior to my first fly?

Thank you guys!
Thiago P.

Thiago,
Congratulations on the purchase of your new bird! As Ferris Bueller said, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." :D

Yes! There are SEVERAL "must read" posts before your first flight! I'll look around and come back here to edit this post so I can post the links that I find.

One of the first things you might want to do is go here and and download the relevant manuals and software... Even if you decide not to install the software or anything it's still a good link for reference should you need or want it in the future:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/download
The former CEO, pioneer and drone innovator of DJI, Colin Guinn had several fantastic tutorial videos but since his departure from DJI which was "messy", these videos are nowhere to be found.
(NOTE: If anyone knows where these videos can be found please post. They were invaluable!)
Here's a good post. It's for an FC40 but the info applies to P1 as well.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/waiting-for-my-fc40-to-arrive.33217/#post-305686

Here's some good advice I found on a thread:
"Bottom line, turn on whatever equipment you are going to be flying BEFORE doing the power on and preflight, be sure you get home position, and even after you do get a home position, wait 10-15 seconds after that, raise it 10-20 feet off the ground, face it away from you, and let go of the controls and hover it for 20-30 seconds before flying off. Be sure your light blinks nothing but green, doesn't start flashing red, and that it doesn't start hovering in circles like it's "hunting".

All of the above, of course, is AFTER you do all the updating and calibrations posted elsewhere. We all accept some risk flying these as nothing is risk free and any product has some non-negligible failure rate. So I'm sure you'll find one guy in 1000 who had a self tightening prop fly off, and one more that got one delivered with a fried Naza Controller. Such is the nature of the game when dealing with high tech equipment. Nothing is perfect.

Oh, and for my first several flights I set the flight limits to 150 meters (about 500 feet) just to make me feel better. As long as you are running at least firmware 4.02 you could do that. Not sure it's necessary but it made me pucker just a hint less at least thinking that it would try to stay at a distance where I could still at least see it. Later I raised the limits to 300m and I may go higher once I get more experienced.
"

Here's another post that useful. It's for a Vision but most of the info is also good on most Phantom's:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...r-all-phantom-vision-and-vision-owners.23596/

Here's a link about resetting the compass:
http://www.dronezon.com/diy-drone-r...ibrate-the-imu-compass-on-your-phantom-drone/

There's tons more help on the forum and I'm sure others will be glad to help. The best advice I can give you is to read the manual and instructions more than once BEFORE you try flying!
Once again, congratulations on your new Phantom and welcome to the forum and have fun with your new bird!
BOT

Last edited:
Reactions: Thiago Pereira

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj