Phantom 1.1.1 Ordered!

Reaction score
and for once, waiting paid off!! Instead of the $479 price tag, I found it at B&H for $420 plus a free battery charger & rechargeable AA batteries. Makes me feel like I got a good deal. I do not want to know any differently either. ;)

There's a boat load of links for all sorts of devices here: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Main_page I found the Phantom list and it's long. It looks to me like the list there corresponds to the chapters in the manual so I think I have all that but still need to get the software & drivers. I hope all that works with a Win 8 computer.

The B&H guy I spoke with took the time to "encourage" reading all the manuals, watching the vids & starting SLOWLY with it. He stressed that it is NOT a toy and has the potential to do a lot of damage, much more so than RC cars & boats. I appreciated that he felt strongly enough about them to make those comments.

Now, I have to decide if i should give my hubby all the manuals & have him watch the vids before I give him the Phantom or give him everything all at once. :roll:

You should give him the manuals and links to the videos before the gift arrives... The anticipation will just sweeten the big event for him.

Congrats! I ordered mines for about the same price on eBay ($450 for Phantom with extra battery) and flew for the first time the other day.

Tips so far:
- Fly in large grassy areas. Concrete is bad idea.
- Don't let people near 10 feet of it, preferably more.
- Get DJI prop guards (aka training wheels for me).
- Calibrate! Calibrate! Calibrate!

If its a surprise.. do it all at once and make sure it doesn't fly until all the "aviation education" is done. :mrgreen:

GRATS!! I bet you will want to fly it once he gets it going. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj