Phantom 1.1.1 lifting weight

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas or tried lifting any weight with the phantom 1.1.1, i am trying out a project with my wifes boss and we are trying to lift rougnly 17 ounces which is about 1.1 pounds. We tried it today lifting with the items in a bag, she was all over the place and had a hard time lifting, i think because the center of gravity was moving all over the place since it as just harnessed around the landing gear, if we make a light weigh tray and mount it i think it should lift it ok. Both of my multistar 4000mah batteries are about the same weight and with each mounted securly on each side of the drone it lifts and flies great. I have new 2450 thrust boosted props on her vs the stock ones, it should help. Would using the 3 prop blades work any better, does any one know about these props and their performance.

I never heard of 2450 thrust boosted props I know the 3 prop blades cant B balanced if your looking for a good prop to lift weight you would want a stiff prop try some carbon fiber props......

Anyone have any ideas or tried lifting any weight with the phantom 1.1.1, i am trying out a project with my wifes boss and we are trying to lift rougnly 17 ounces which is about 1.1 pounds. We tried it today lifting with the items in a bag, she was all over the place and had a hard time lifting, i think because the center of gravity was moving all over the place since it as just harnessed around the landing gear, if we make a light weigh tray and mount it i think it should lift it ok. Both of my multistar 4000mah batteries are about the same weight and with each mounted securly on each side of the drone it lifts and flies great. I have new 2450 thrust boosted props on her vs the stock ones, it should help. Would using the 3 prop blades work any better, does any one know about these props and their performance.

AUW for the P1.1.1 is about 1400g.

Anything above that weight will make your P1.1.1 more and more uncontrollable, fly with greatly reduced flight time and very possibly begin to damage your motors.... your key concern should be the possible damage to your motors.

Thanks did some weight calculations. We would be have a total lift off weight around 1388 grams. I normally fly with 2 multistar batt and total weight is around 1496 grams. Have made many flights so far and she runs good. Is there upgradable better motors for the 1.1.1

Sent from my LG-H831 using PhantomPilots mobile app

To get more thrust, you might need lower KV motors, higher voltage and/or larger diameter props. The problem is that the ESC's won't handle the higher voltage and the frame will not allow larger props. I have built some quads using Tmotor MN2213 950 kv motors on 4s battery. These would give a higher thrust for about the same physical size and used 9" props. I used Sunrise 20 A ESC's which could fit in the Phantom shell.\DJI made some tuned propulsion kits (E300, E305, E310) with motors that would fit the Phantom but the ESC's were very large.
One other option is to get a lightweight hex frame and add two more motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik