Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 1.1.1 landing

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Monte55, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Monte55

I'm still not sure about this. If I'm flying and I missed my low battery warning, when the quad auto land and if so does it just drop and land or land at home point?

2. OI Photography

When it hits the voltage listed as the "Second level protection - loaded" value in your Assistant software, it will just descend straight down where it's at until it detects it has stopped descending (and presumably has come to rest on a surface).

3. Monte55

Thanks man

4. jaysan

I thought it went back home ? Assuming you set that up before flying

5. OI Photography

Not for low battery, just for failsafe (loss of signal or triggered from the controller).

6. PJ105

Had my first loss-of-signal today (went a bit too high,lol) and it came back like a charm......right to the take off spot. There was a tree, however, that was in the way, but luckily it just trimmed a bit off the sides and kept on coming down.

Questionn: by this time I had made it back to the takeoff point and was waiting there, but I wanted to let the machine do its thing. But in the future, once back in range, how do I re-establish connection? Throttle all the way down and switch to ATTI? Just for future reference.

p.s. and yes, the tree that was "in the way", was there when I took off......when I took off *kinda* from under it. So a lesson there. Always take off keeping in mind that in case of lost comm, your phantom will come right back there.....hopefully with an open path. Think ahead!

A vid of the last part of the descent.....notice wifey's evil laugh at the end....priceless! lol

http://youtu.be/ZGIMOLgt8aI

7. Gizmo3000

-actually, once hit his 2nd level protection, you'll notice a significant loss of power, power will decrease until you need to give it nearly full throttle just to hover, and then moments after that,shortly thereafter it will auto-land wherever it is at.

- to regain control once the craft is in FTH and within range, make sure throttle is at 50% or greater, and then flip it to ATTI (or if you had been in ATTI mode when RTH occur,d switch to GPS and then back again to ATTI.