Phantom 1.1.1 ....had a crash .... How do I do an IMU calibration pls?

Reaction score
hi all,

So I had my first little crash :(

Luckily there were no broken parts....but what I have noticed is that since the crash it feels as if I have to give it a lot more throttle to take off.

But once it's in the air ...everything seems ok.

Should I do an IMU Calibration? How do I do this please?

Thanks

hi all,

So I had my first little crash :(

Luckily there were no broken parts....but what I have noticed is that since the crash it feels as if I have to give it a lot more throttle to take off.

But once it's in the air ...everything seems ok.

Should I do an IMU Calibration? How do I do this please?

Thanks
You need the proper assistant software loaded on your computer. You connect your Phantom to computer and open the software and check all the parameters plus do calibrations.

You need the proper assistant software loaded on your computer. You connect your Phantom to computer and open the software and check all the parameters plus do calibrations.

Thanks

But how do I connect the Phantom to my PC please?

it feels as if I have to give it a lot more throttle to take off.

Hey virdi, you should be giving it FULL throttle for all takeoffs anyway, regardless of whether the IMU is affected or not. Everything about connecting the bird to the PC and about doing both types of IMU calibration is in the manual.

Fly safe=Fly happy

Open the battery door. On the left there is a usb lead to connect your usb cord to and then to computer.

Thanks you. This is what I was missing as my USB connector was tucked away and I couldn't see it.

Thanks!

Hey virdi, you should be giving it FULL throttle for all takeoffs anyway, regardless of whether the IMU is affected or not. Everything about connecting the bird to the PC and about doing both types of IMU calibration is in the manual.

Fly safe=Fly happy

...aaah. So giving full throttle at take off is normal??

Thanks

Thanks you. This is what I was missing as my USB connector was tucked away and I couldn't see it.

Thanks!
Yeah, It's tucked up in there. be sure to tuck it back in to the left and behind the plastic ledge so you won't snag it inserting flight battery.

Well Monte55, I'm curious on that take off advice :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well Monte55, I'm curious on that take off advice :)

You may have noticed that even when taking off at full throttle, which you should, the props are a little slow to spool up. The S1 switch ...the lower position can be set to Atti, Return To Home (failsafe), or manual. I have my P1s set to manual. My throttle self centers itself. I may add a small bit to that. When taking off, if I flip my S1 down to manual, and without touching the throttle or adding much, the props spool up immediately. It takes off quickly.
This works well especially if you have the Phantom loaded down with camera, gimbal, etc. .
One thing to remember is to quickly return S1 switch to top, (GPS or ATTI) position at about 5-10 feet in the air. This will happen very quick. I have been doing this since 2014 and have never even had a hit of a tip-over at takeoff. Now many will ask about not having a RTH position. If you lose control for some reason or can't see your Phantom, you can always turn the transmitter off to initiate RTH. Once you see Phantom, you can turn TX back on and take control. .

Reactions: nintago
You may have noticed that even when taking off at full throttle, which you should, the props are a little slow to spool up. The S1 switch ...the lower position can be set to Atti, Return To Home (failsafe), or manual. I have my P1s set to manual. My throttle self centers itself. I may add a small bit to that. When taking off, if I flip my S1 down to manual, and without touching the throttle or adding much, the props spool up immediately. It takes off quickly.
This works well especially if you have the Phantom loaded down with camera, gimbal, etc. .
One thing to remember is to quickly return S1 switch to top, (GPS or ATTI) position at about 5-10 feet in the air. This will happen very quick. I have been doing this since 2014 and have never even had a hit of a tip-over at takeoff. Now many will ask about not having a RTH position. If you lose control for some reason or can't see your Phantom, you can always turn the transmitter off to initiate RTH. Once you see Phantom, you can turn TX back on and take control. .
Cool, good to know , as I've had many tip over's On takeoff, and will be especially helpful when a camera is loaded, thanx[emoji5]

nintimmediately : 929998 said:
Cool, good to know , as I've had many tip over's On takeoff, and will be especially helpful when a camera is loaded, thanx[emoji5]

Remember to immediately after lliftoff to flip S1 back up or you will be in manual and that can lead to problems. This really helps with a loaded bird or windy conditions. Don't bother having your fingers on right stick at this time. Stay on S1 switch until you flip it back up. This all happens in about half a second. Also on my loaded Phantom, I am using a MULTISTAR 4000ma battery and DJI 9450 props. The Other Phantoms with not much weight do well on stock props

Did a quick video of the difference. Now this was a bare Phantom but listen to the motors.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did a quick video of the difference. Now this was a bare Phantom but listen to the motors.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I finally gave it a try , the bird took immediately on firing up the props, [emoji5] definitely gotta be quick on flipping the switch back to gps tho, never realized u get that much more lift in manual mode

You only have to be real quick on the switch if you just want to lift off to about 6 feet or so. If you wanted more altitude, delay it a bit, but I'm sure it would climb very fast. I'm not sure how I discovered this but I like it.
Another thing ....do you know how to reset RTH altitude and home point while flying? Good info to know.

No i don't, pretty new at all this, actually having a tough time getting the home lock function to work also

No i don't, pretty new at all this, actually having a tough time getting the home lock function to work also

Do you have IOC selected in assistant software when Phantom is connected to computer. It must be selected for home lock and course lock to work.

Yup i do, do i just flip the switch to HL ? And how far away do i need to be from home position? And i have also done the gps calibration too

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31