Phantom 1.1.1 H3-2D Install

Reaction score
I have the 1.1.1 with the Naza-M v2 controller installed. Wanted to know if the H3-2D gimbal will just be a plug and play installation without the PMU. Is the upgrade board really necessary?

Thanks

JeffB2002 said:
I have the 1.1.1 with the Naza-M v2 controller installed. Wanted to know if the H3-2D gimbal will just be a plug and play installation without the PMU. Is the upgrade board really necessary?

Thanks

You will need the upgrade board or the PMU to install the gimbal on a 1.1.1

Thank you for the reply! One last question. Most of the H3-2D gimbals say "for Phantom 2 ONLY" With this upgrade board I can still use this gimbal correct?

JeffB2002 said:
Thank you for the reply! One last question. Most of the H3-2D gimbals say "for Phantom 2 ONLY" With this upgrade board I can still use this gimbal correct?

Well yes you can connect any H3-2D gimbal to the upgrade board and that part will work fine (the mechanics and electronics are all the same), but the ones labeled for the P2 don't have the mounting bracket that matches the P1 screw hole locations on the body.

ok thanks...good to know that if I pick up a gimbal for a P2, all I have to do is modify the mounting hardware to fit the P1 mounting holes. The cables are all the same. Thanks for the awesome information!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl