Phantom 1.1.1 Gopro Fpv Setup Help

Reaction score
I am new here and have my Phantom 1.1.1 on its way. I have a fatshark attitude system on my other quad, but I want to get a 600mw transmitter and us it with my Gopro Hero 3+ I ordered a cable for my gopro that has AV/ and a connector to charge the gopro. I am a little mixed up on the best way to hook this up and also if anyone knows where I can get a good price and a good 600mw transmitter that will work well.

Thanks again for your help

Can I ask, why 600mW? I get massive range with just 250mW and some decent antennas.

Some recent tests posted here have shown that the mW rating on transmitters can be very misleading, and the 250mW model from fatshark seems to outperform several with higher labeled output.

The cable you need to connect the gopro to the transmitter will just depend on which Tx you get, there's a couple of different common connection plugs used. Once you know what you're getting, there's premade cables for all different types that will connect directly to the gopro. The one you already bought will work if you get a Tx with the right connections...but I wouldn't base your buying decision on that factor (as you see the cables are inexpensive).

I did not know that about the different tests and maybe I don't need more than the 250? I might be finding more interference because of the trees in the area? I guess I should go to an open area and see how it works and then make a decision. Is there a suggested one in both powers that has been good in performance. I did see one from Atlanta Hobby for around $79

As for powering the Transmitter where is the best place to tap in on the Phantom 1.1.1

Thanks for the help

funtimegrandpa said:
I did not know that about the different tests and maybe I don't need more than the 250? I might be finding more interference because of the trees in the area? I guess I should go to an open area and see how it works and then make a decision. Is there a suggested one in both powers that has been good in performance. I did see one from Atlanta Hobby for around $79

As for powering the Transmitter where is the best place to tap in on the Phantom 1.1.1

Thanks for the help

I use the aux power that is already on the 1.1.1 for FPV
Here is the test that has been done very good read made me go with another 250 instead of a 600 for my other bird .
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8406

amrflyingdude... you're surely not using the stock remote for the v1.1.1 - right? I thought they only had a recommended range of 1000ft and assumed they could go further, but not much more. Just wondering...

Wintermute said:
Jebus said:
amrflyingdude... you're surely not using the stock remote for the v1.1.1 - right? I thought they only had a recommended range of 1000ft and assumed they could go further, but not much more. Just wondering...

1.1.1 has dual antennas and can go way, way beyond 1000ft. I went 2,850 feet yesterday while testing FPV range: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsX-9wp ... =1&t=4m25s

Good to know. Thanks Wintermute!

Jebus said:
Wintermute said:
Jebus said:

1.1.1 has dual antennas and can go way, way beyond 1000ft. I went 2,850 feet yesterday while testing FPV range: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsX-9wp ... =1&t=4m25s

Good to know. Thanks Wintermute!

The quoted range is 1000 meters (3,280 ft) not 1000 feet, that may be where the confusion is coming from ;)

davemcm said:
The quoted range is 1000 meters (3,280 ft) not 1000 feet, that may be where the confusion is coming from ;)

I always thought it was 1000ft (300 meters) - but that was probably the v1 and not the v1.1.1. Like I mentioned earlier, good to know! Thanks!

I'm looking to add FPV to my Phantom 1.1.1 as well.

I just installed a Beholder Gimbal and I used the extra power connector inside the 1.1.1 to power the gimbal.

Where would I go about powering the transmitter I pick out? (Probably going with the immersionrc 600mw)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj