Phantom 1.1.1. Gimbal lever won't register in Naza

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 1.1.1.

I'm sure the little gimbal lever is turning the potentiometer in the TX.

However in the Naza software there is no Gimbal information (IMU or CMU):

Like this screenshot of another user shows:

Phantom1FWInfo.jpg

Mine just shows:

259al8n.jpg

Also the Gimbal calibration in Naza under Basic --> R/C --> Sticks monitor --> X1 does not register any inputs

Turning Gimbal on or off on Advanced --> Gimbal

makes no difference.

I was about to by a Zenmuse for this Phantom 1.1.1. but now I'm wondering if the Gimbal is broken?

PS: I can confirm the inside of the TX is the one labelled "new circuit" in this image.

dji-phantom-v111-transmitter01.jpg

Thanks for any help people.

I had a similar issue. Actually the receiver was always in -1000 until I got to the most right of the lever and started switching very fast between -1000 and a 1000.
I solved it calibrating the transmitter and then the receiver. (Actually I also updated the phantom firmware, at some point it started working)

I would suggest you to get the advance manual for the phantom and go to the transmitter calibration,do that and then do the calibration in the naza assistant.

I'm a bit puzzled by this topic. (Nothing new then)

A v1.1.1 does not have a gimbal- just a Gopro mount- yes?

So the first screen shot must be related to a P2, and not a P1.

To address the OP issue of 7th channel not seen in the assistant, I agree it might be calibration. Manual calibration can do the trick.

Attachments

• Tx calibration.jpg
    Tx calibration.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 771
If the upgrade board and the gimbal aren't installed, they won't appear in the menu. Not sure if that's linked in to why the Assistant program isn't receiving input signals from the lever though. Maybe a stock board needs the GCU to complete the link? Dunno.

discv said:
I'm a bit puzzled by this topic. (Nothing new then)

A v1.1.1 does not have a gimbal- just a Gopro mount- yes?

So the first screen shot must be related to a P2, and not a P1.

To address the OP issue of 7th channel not seen in the assistant, I agree it might be calibration. Manual calibration can do the trick.

The 1.1.1. has a gimbal switch on the TX.

The first screenshot is from a P1.

Thank you for your Tx calibration instructions, unfortunately they are not the right version and do not work with the 1.1.1. Tx which has a spring loaded throttle stick unlike the previous versions. EDIT: But I figured the calibration method out, basically when it says move to ATTI you have to move it to the second ATTI not the first. ANyhow, calibrating it doesn't fix the undetected gimbal lever.

HeliRy said:
If the upgrade board and the gimbal aren't installed, they won't appear in the menu. Not sure if that's linked in to why the Assistant program isn't receiving input signals from the lever though. Maybe a stock board needs the GCU to complete the link? Dunno.

I thought the 1.1.1. featured the upgrade board as it has a working (working, except on mine) X1 gimbal axis stick behind the controller.

EDIT: So now someone is saying that until I run the RX Assistant 1.1 (the software assistant that requires you to dismantle the Tx and hook it to the PC using microUSB) the Gimbal lever (X1 axis) wont be detected in Naza V2 assistant software.

Can anyone confirm this? Do you really have to dismantle the Tx on a 1.1.1. phantom to get the (included) Gimbal lever (X1 axis) to register input in the Naza V2 software?

Well, this bit I can get right ;)

Later DJ6 Txs have an externally accessible micro USB port. On earlier versions the back has to come off.

Referring to your screenshot of the inside of the Tx, on the pic labelled 'NEW Circuit' the micro USB port is the first board outlet next to the bottom left of the letter 'N' in the word 'NEW'

martinlarosa said:
Have you calibrated the Rx in the Naza assistant after calibrating the Tx? You have to do that.

I have calibrated the Tx in the following ways:

1. Standalone Tx calibration: Hold both sticks up, THEN switch on, wait for double tone, etc.

2. Calibration using NAZA V2 Assistant software

Doing both of these steps DOES NOT ALLOW the Gimbal lever to detect motion in the NAZA V2 Assistant software. Neither does Turning on the Gimbal at 50Hz in the NAZA V2 Assistant software. I am sure the lever is turning the pot underneath it.

I HAVE NOT CALIBRATED the Tx using the Phantom RC Transmitter Software v1.1:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v1.1.zip

WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO DISMANTLE THE Tx and plug its's MicroUSB slot into a PC.

Can anyone confirm that to enable the little Gimbal lever (X1 axis) on a stock store bought Phantom 1.1.1. you MUST disassemble the Tx first and hook it upto a PC using USB for calibration using the Phantom RC Transmitter Software v1.1 software.

@Discv?: Can you confirm?

If so that's a little weird.

Gold333 said:
HeliRy said:

I thought the 1.1.1. featured the upgrade board as it has a working (working, except on mine) X1 gimbal axis stick behind the controller.

EDIT: So now someone is saying that until I run the RX Assistant 1.1 (the software assistant that requires you to dismantle the Tx and hook it to the PC using microUSB) the Gimbal lever (X1 axis) wont be detected in Naza V2 assistant software.

Can anyone confirm this? Do you really have to dismantle the Tx on a 1.1.1. phantom to get the (included) Gimbal lever (X1 axis) to register input in the Naza V2 software?

Nope, the 1.1.1 comes with the Naza M confroller, self tightening props, and the gimbal lever should you ever wish to install a Zenmuse.

I wouldn't think you'd need to crack open the transmitter though, I didn't. And I started out exactly as you with a stock 1.1.1. I added the upgrade board (P330) and the H3-2D and was off to there races.

All I did was click yes for gimbal in the assistant and the lever worked then did a manual calibration then a assistant calibration hooked up the shark gimbal all is good. I did not have to open the Tx up .
Some had to adjust the pot because the lever was not making good contact inside the Tx .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20