Phantom 1.1.1 Flight Issues

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a used 1.1.1 off of eBay and I'm having some troubles with it. Whenever I power it on it completes the warm up and then I get the slow flashing yellow light sequence, I think this means it is ATTI mode due to no gps signal??

The rotors will spin up and I can take off but the Phantom is super hard to control and the fails age doesn't seem to function.

I've connected it up to the assistant software which is a pain as the USB cable connection isn't good and requires moving into a certain position to be recognized.

It wanted to upgrade the firmware. I did that and I imported the default settings. I did the TX calibration and the Advanced Call calibration.

Everything looks good except for:

1. Gps hardware shows all dots, like ....
2. Compass values are always 0
3. I can't check the IOC option, it says gps needed but I'm in the house and not getting a signal.
4. I can't get it into compass calibration mode using the TX

Any ideas on what might be up? Could my gps and compass both be bad? Would you recommend I open and check all the connections?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah sounds like a connection might be switched or a cable isn't plugged in, I'd open it up careful tho, the GPS module cable will only allow you to partially open it, you can unplug that just plug it back in when done [emoji106]

Reactions: Andrew Reynolds
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll see about taking it apart today...

I just had it outside with the computer and assistant software hooked up... I've attached a couple of screenshots to show the no gps / all 0s on the compass

1Capture.PNG 2Capture.PNG 3Capture.PNG

OK looks like we are in business... I took the upper plastic off, I unplugged and replugged all the connections. I put the whole thing together and powered it up then I got a yellow / red flashing sequence. I connected it up to the Assistant software and finally started getting readings from the compass / GPS (yay) I went ahead and restored default parameters and did a basic calibration then I took it outside and went through the compass calibration sequence. I then got a flashing green and was able to take off and land pretty easily.

Because I like to live dangerously I decided to turn off the controller and see what happened... I'm guess my GPS signal wasn't great because it shot up and tried to land on the roof of my house - as it came down I grab it and clipped a blade on the gutter - it then wouldn't spin up but after a full cycle it seems fine.

Thanks for the help on this one - I'll go find a bigger space to play in... the one question I do have is I noticed that the thread on one of the motors isn't great... it was a really pain to get the blade off / on. The blade is on tight and it doesn't seem to affect performance so should I be concerned?

4Capture.PNG 5Capture.PNG 6Capture.PNG

If the prop/blade isn't chipped or anything I wouldn't bother but if you can get the prop of see if you can put a new one on it when needed if not youll have to replace the motor and depends on what motor there different types clock wise and counter clock wise /cw/ccw

I have the same problem as above. I have tried the above but nothing has worked.. Any other ideas??

I have checked all the plugs many of times. The guy i bought it from said it was a new compass. Could that be bad and cause this? Would the light still be just flashing yellow? I check the gps plate and it looks good no cracks..Is there a way to check it the compass?

Not sure how to check other than looking at it you have the phantom 1.1.1 right for the hell of it open the battery door and press the little red button on the right top its to bond the remote to the phantom and let us know good luck

Rattydude77, thanks for the fast response and help. Im not sure if its the phantom 1.1.1.when i turn the remote off a red light comes on but i don't think there is a button to push. I will have to double check when i get back home. I don't remember see a button.

Would i still need to do that if the Tx its working.. I am able to fry i just have a flashing yellow and no gps?

Well.. Tried everything again.. Rebond the tx, checked all wires, no clue what to do next.. I flew it with 3 batteries but it sucks with no gps.. Anymore ideas would be great. Not sure if i should try a new compass or gps next??

Well.. Tried everything again.. Rebond the tx, checked all wires, no clue what to do next.. I flew it with 3 batteries but it sucks with no gps.. Anymore ideas would be great. Not sure if i should try a new compass or gps next??

For me it was super easy sorry... As soon as I unplugged and replugged the leads for the NAZA the GPS started functioning as expected and the drone worked just fine. I did look into new GPS and Compasses modules and they come up on eBay / Amazon all the time for decent prices.

If you aren't getting anything in the computer software then I would guess at least the GPS needs replacing, if not both - sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck!

New compass didnt work.. Any other help would be awesome. The Naza reading for the compass shows 0.0.0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj