Phantom 1.1.1 ESC longevity

Reaction score
Hi guys, i was wondering about longevity of stock PHANTOM esc in optimal conditions....

Who has flight more without any problem?

If you don't cause any issues with stuck props causing excessive current draw and damage to the Mosfits they have a long operational life. Tip overs and crashing into brush or trees where the motors are trying to turn and get stuck will damage the ESC's. Under normal conditions and with the proper airflow I doubt you will have any issues with them at all.

Thank you for your encouraging answer.

i had never a crash in 8 months, only 3 tip over on landing but i had turned down motors immediately.

I don't know if i shortened esc life with that, maybe a little i suppose, in that case can i see something of bad on esc by watching on it?

I'm not sure what kind of an allowable over stress margin is built into ESC's on the P1 but it must be fairly high.

Crashes and sudden motor stops can obviously overtax the ESC's but I suspect it doesn't happen gradually.

Most ESC failures I've seen show up as "burned" out leads in the ESC that immediately cause a complete shut down of the motor.

If there are any signs of the ESC getting too hot (brown or black discoloration) don't wait to replace it.

Before making the mod, I describe below, I had numerous tip overs on my P1's but have never had either a motor or ESC fail.

What's helped me very much is jury rigging an extension on the horizontal portion of the landing gear legs to lengthened the landing skid area.

Reactions: dexter82

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20