Phantom 1.1.1 after update no TX, rapid yellow- solution

Reaction score
Got my phantom 1.1.1 - when I plugged it into the software it made me update to V4 firmware before it would let me click on any of the tabs (had to calibrate). When I did, I did the advanced calibration - took it out to the field to calibrate the compass but all I got were rapid yellows (no TX signal). Well hell. Looked at a bunch of sources, reset to stock. Loaded default. still no joy. Finally found a source that said if you have a new phantom (has two antenna) then you have to select d-bus for tx type. That fixed it and off I flew and burned through a couple of battery packs.

Just posting here in case others have the same issue

Imabiggles said:
Got my phantom 1.1.1 - when I plugged it into the software it made me update to V4 firmware before it would let me click on any of the tabs (had to calibrate). When I did, I did the advanced calibration - took it out to the field to calibrate the compass but all I got were rapid yellows (no TX signal). Well hell. Looked at a bunch of sources, reset to stock. Loaded default. still no joy. Finally found a source that said if you have a new phantom (has two antenna) then you have to select d-bus for tx type. That fixed it and off I flew and burned through a couple of battery packs.

Just posting here in case others have the same issue
HA! I'll be darned! You answered my question for me. I received my brand new V1.1.1 Phantom two days ago and towards the end of the V4.0 upgrade, I also got that rapidly flashing yellow (no Tx signal) LED. I scratched my head for 20 minutes and finally, just to see what would happen, changed the receiver type to D-Bus and she worked for me just like for you! Flies like a dream! I hope others that will be receiving their 1.1.1 Phantoms, see this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31