Ph2+ went down in lake. Is it worth going after??

I lost mine in a lake. It rested in 45 feet of water for 3 days. I called a professional diver to recover mine as it was too deep for me to get. The only thing I had to replace was the ESC's. Everything else survived and still flies today. As others said here, don't try to power it up, disassemble completely. Soak every circuit board with deoxit then put all the circuit boards and motors in a warm place for several days. I put mine on top of my heating system burner where it stays nice and warm. When reassembling put deoxit red on all connectors, deoxit gold on gold connectors. Add a couple drops of oil to you motor bearings. You will also have to open all metal cans and remove all circuits from the camera. You will likely have to carefully clean the camera sensor with a microfiber cloth as being underwater will leave some haze on the sensor. Its a bit of work but with no physical damage its not too bad. It it were salt water forget it.

Best of luck!

tothepoint--
Not trying to take the easy way. I have read a lot of post but non really said weather to just do the boards or the entire copter. My plan was to take it all apart reguardless.

I attempted to go out on the lake today with my kayak but the wind was hammering in on the area of rescue so I wasn't able to get go. But not all was lost. I was afraid of taking my bass boat out into the area that my phantom went down in. there is concrete and rebar sticking up in that general area. I was afraid of running my boat into some of that mess that hides just under the water. My boat is a very nice boat and one run in with rebar or concrete would cost a bunch more to fix than just buying a new phantom...Anyway I ran into a group of guys in the marina and found out all the info about that area my copter is in. It has No concrete and is only 4ft deep max. So now I can return with my boat which has an awesome depthfinders with structure scan. It should be able to locate my phantom...I hate saying that out loud because you can get bad juju..i do have a ton of confidence in finding it with my electronics but I cant go until Tuesday.

So we wait and wait and wait.

Where do you buy DRY ALCOHOL and the red and gold Deoxit?

Thanks

GF you know I'm in the similar situation right now in that I lost my quad from dropping out of the sky. DJI sent a email letting me know they have and it's in the line to be looked at.

I lost 3 of these, and I'm going to say this based on what I feel like each day that goes by, but I bet you end up taking your wife up on what she suggested. You may even think about what there is laying around to put on ebay or somewhere similar?

If you do, you can blame it on me. You can say I was alright until I read what Frank said....

I sure am sorry to hear that.

Gonefishing51077 said:
I went with my boat and we looked and scanned and dragged the bottom for hours. No luck. Good bye little drone.

If someone plans to fly over water, could they cut those "fun noodle" hollow foam tube pool toys and put them on the horizontal portions of the landing legs(?). Forgive my ignorance with terminology. I am new to the quad world and now fearing losing my very expensive piece of equipment..

CloudPhantom said:
If someone plans to fly over water, could they cut those "fun noodle" hollow foam tube pool toys and put them on the horizontal portions of the landing legs(?). Forgive my ignorance with terminology. I am new to the quad world and now fearing losing my very expensive piece of equipment..

Pool noodles will just flip with any wave motion and the camera will still end up wet not to mention the drag and lose of flight time.

I fly over water all the time but if you want to get yours back if you do end up in water get this works like a charm up to over 100 ft

http://www.amazon.com/GetterBack-Recove ... B00GIYIU8Q

check this out
http://youtu.be/_RiVqnaaMEk?list=UUiCKT ... ATNSFv2PJA

Attachments

• getter.JPG
    getter.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 311
Yeah I thought about the drag. Though I've seen videos of phantoms flying with crazier stuff attached. You're right about it not keeping everything right side up (though I'm sure you could rig up some other floating landers further out if you were really paranoid). Just thinking of ideas because my sister is getting married on the point of a lake and I thought it would be cool to get some footage of the area before hand and maybe have my buddy do a Waypoint run at some point that day.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj