PH 2 non Vision - unstable on descending and flips WTF

Reaction score
Hi guys I do hope someone can help me, I've just got me new ph 2 set up and its flying fine, I've put on some prop guards for safety and prop protection. when i descend for landing it starts to wobble then flips upside down and crashes ! its done it 3 times now and has wrecked my gimble !Is this the prop guards that are doing this? or is it something else. Please help :(

Yes it's VRS. When you descend straight down, you lose lift in your own prop wash. You need to come down slower and have some lateral movement when descending. Prop guards likely make it worse.

Redifredigopro said:
Hi guys I do hope someone can help me, I've just got me new ph 2 set up and its flying fine, I've put on some prop guards for safety and prop protection. when i descend for landing it starts to wobble then flips upside down and crashes ! its done it 3 times now and has wrecked my gimble !Is this the prop guards that are doing this? or is it something else. Please help :(

Take the prop guards and try again, in a soft area of course. :)

Also the new Main Controller Firmware (March 26, 2014) update should help, they now limit the maximum descending speed is limited to 3m/s. I always hoped they would do this, it tough to gauge your descending speed when the quad is at a very high elevation.

I had the infamous wobble of death once and did a lot of research and now always descend with significant forward or backward direction and never straight down.

You can a video of my Wobble of Death Experience here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQvyqSl2Mo0

Please excuse the music, I originally used Tom Petty's Free Falling music but they blocked the video!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj