PFAW

Reaction score
It seems to have been a long trek but I'm hoping this week I will receive my Permission For Aerial Work from the CAA. When I decided to get my qualifaction to do commercial work I thought it was a two day course! Wrong! anyway almost 5 months on I'm almost there. Cannot believe the rules I unknowingly broke before i was 'educated' ... I would recommend it to anyone. It's not cheap but well worth the money!

Care to share some of the rules you were unknowingly breaking for the education of the rest of us?

Nice one. Hope it comes through ok. Care to divulge roughly how much it cost and is it an annual recurring thing you have to reapply/pay for?

Not a continuous five months I hope! Also most interested to see some details.

Five months from taking the theory exam but hen you have to write an Operations Manual (not an easy thing to do). Then there's the flying exam, then the application to the CAA for your permission. I think if you are doing this from scratch I think 5 months is about what it will take.

Cost wise it's about £1500. To renew each year I think it's around £150.

That's good to know, thanks :) Was the flying exam written or practical?

It's both, you do a written theory exam. you have to pass that first before you can write your Ops Manual, Once that has been approved you can then take your Practical flying exam.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie