Perth Western Australia

Reaction score
Hi, Perth, Western Australia here
da2929dd34cfda6d6df5279124295782.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Brian Donaldson
Yep...I've got the litchi app on my iPad and iPhone. ....haven't done that much with it as I haven't set up any waypoint missions yet....it does have a lot of support, especially from professional users

Yep...I've got the litchi app on my iPad and iPhone. ....haven't done that much with it as I haven't set up any waypoint missions yet....it does have a lot of support, especially from professional users

Thanks for the reply Michael. I have used the app and it works very well, easy to use. I have since contacted Litchi support and they hopefully solved my problem.

Evening chaps, waiting anxiously on the delivery of a Phantom 3 advanced I'm SOR.

Thanks been flying a Latrax Alias for about a year and a half so no GPS more acrobatic practice, cannot wait to get hands on with it.

I am new to drones, only had mine about 2 weeks. I propose to use it for work when I become a little less dangerous with it.

Secret Harbour at dusk. Still learning and this weather isn't helping.

Attachments

• image-0.02.01.c20f5a35595953177cdf8a7ca63fc165c41f62311917ce24bfdc681e4d32eed7-V.jpg
    image-0.02.01.c20f5a35595953177cdf8a7ca63fc165c41f62311917ce24bfdc681e4d32eed7-V.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 545
Nice video, I thought the new stadium was within the no fly boundary of Perth Airport? Did you have to get permission?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice video, I thought the new stadium was within the no fly boundary of Perth Airport? Did you have to get permission?

I flew there a couple weeks ago Brian and I didn't even think about the NFZ!:eek: Didn't have a single issue launching from near the golf course. I looked at the DJI website and from what i can figure out there is intact a 5mi NFZ around Perth Airport. 1.5mi from the airport you can't even take off at all. But outside of that 1.5mi you can fly at reduced altitudes which increase further away from the centre. So roughly where the stadium is flying less than 400feet (120m) is OK.. The cranes are so high around the stadium you need to be close to 100m up!! I hope that is not the wrong information someone please correct me if it is!
No FLY Zones | DJI

Cool video Michael where did you launch your drone from?

Heres my short video, I was actually planning on heading down sometime this week to get some more footage

I flew there a couple weeks ago Brian and I didn't even think about the NFZ!:eek: Didn't have a single issue launching from near the golf course. I looked at the DJI website and from what i can figure out there is intact a 5mi NFZ around Perth Airport. 1.5mi from the airport you can't even take off at all. But outside of that 1.5mi you can fly at reduced altitudes which increase further away from the centre. So roughly where the stadium is flying less than 400feet (120m) is OK.. The cranes are so high around the stadium you need to be close to 100m up!! I hope that is not the wrong information someone please correct me if it is!
No FLY Zones | DJI

Cool video Michael where did you launch your drone from?

Heres my short video, I was actually planning on heading down sometime this week to get some more footage

Thanks for the info. I guess if the cranes don't cause a flight risk, flying a drone at a lower altitude in the same area can't be a problem. I noticed CASA class Langley Park as an airfield, effectively forming a no fly zone throughout the the CBD. I'm sure they only fly from the park a few weeks a year. It's worth getting the CASA safe to fly app. It has every airfield in Australia.

The Langley park airfield is not restricted according to the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20