Personal record - 3.028 miles w/screen shot

Reaction score
Personal record - 3.028 miles out and back no signal loss, landed with 30%. All stock P3P except the sticker with my number on it.

image.jpg

Thought I had it out over 16,000 from me but was reading the wrong number, oh well that's a long ways.

Reactions: bobmyers
wow thats pretty far....were you at the top of an antenna? :)

What were the condition like?...wind? And where was this?

It looks kinda flat.
Slight wind just after a rain in central Iowa, top speed on the way back with the wind was around 39mph. It's pretty flat, no trees for 13,500 feet and flew over nobody. Took it up to 350 and left it there for the flight. I think the video feed dropped a bar when I did the iPhone screen shot.

Was standing under a tree in my parents front yard for shade, was sunny at their house. Right around 80 degrees.

What was the antenna position? 45 degrees like the manual recommends or something different?

Some seem better than others, I will be interested to know if you always achieve those distances

Some seem better than others, I will be interested to know if you always achieve those distances
I only try when I'm not at my house in the cities. I was able to go 2.7 miles yesterday but turned around when my home point met my power level. My experience is if you can maintain unobstructed flight these P3's will out do their battery for range. I always try to be on the ground by 30%.

Reactions: snowghost
There are loads of videos of good distances by many Phantoms. I have not been able to test mine, but I was with a friend who flew from unobstructed point on mountain and it did not fare very well, I wonder if moisture content plays a part. Sound of course travels further in the morning than afternoon due to wind so I suspect this all plays a part.

I have not been able to test mine, but I was with a friend who flew from unobstructed point on mountain and it did not fair very well, I wonder if moisture content plays a part. Sound of course travels further in the morning than afternoon due to wind so I suspect this all plays a part.
The antenna angle is likely the biggest thing. Yesterday and today are overcast with decent humidity. I flew by a cell phone tower but other than that not much interference in the area.

Reactions: Stephan
Good to know, yeah, I cant remember what his antenna angled were like. Look forward to giving it a go

Personal record - 3.028 miles out and back no signal loss, landed with 30%. All stock P3P except the sticker with my number on it.

View attachment 21954

Thought I had it out over 16,000 from me but was reading the wrong number, oh well that's a long ways.

Sweet. I just hit 16,741 feet but didn't quite make it all the way to the home point lol.

Reactions: Apparition

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31