Perpetual firmware updates

Reaction score
This is something that is perplexing me. Taking advantage of the rare good weather, I took my P3 advanced out for a spin, only to find that the DJI ap was persistantly asking that I carry out an RC firmware update. This despite my having done the whole firmware update only a few weeks ago. So back to the house for the Wi Fi. Having carried out the update, on restarting eveything, as requested, I was back to the 'firmware update required'. So I did it again, with exactly the same result. Finally, I'd gone through the update process six times, which it did without question, and I'm still getting the same demand. Another problem, perhaps connected is a too frequent occurence of the error signal 'Remote Controller signal weak' . This I cannot understand, since the tablet with the ap is directly connected to the RC. How can the signal be weak?What exactly does the error message mean?

Having carried out the update, on restarting eveything, as requested, I was back to the 'firmware update required'. So I did it again, with exactly the same result. Finally, I'd gone through the update process six times, which it did without question, and I'm still getting the same demand.
Is this still ongoing from when something very similar happened to you back in June?

Also, do you realize that it is not really a "demand" and you don't usually need to do firmware updates just because the app is telling you that one is available. As with most things, there are exceptions to the rule. For example, one such exception would be if someone had inadvertently created an encryption issue by installing mismatched versions. In that case they would clearly need to update (or roll back) firmware. Most of the time though it's not mandatory.

Which versions of FW do you have now for the AC and RC and which app version are you using?

Last edited:
App version 3.1.3
AC firmware 1.10.90
RC firmware 1.8.0..The setup seems to be working fine at the moment. On the other hand, it's sitting on the kitchen table. Wheter that situation will pesist when I;e trudged out into the country, is another matter.

Once in a while I'll get a false report of firmware update required.
Latest app version is now 3.1.5, not that I am saying you should upgrade.

Actually it's 3.1.6. Like Dan said, not saying to upgrade.

3.1.5 it is, now. (Android). Oddly, I have it on two tablets (large and not so large), and the flight display is different on both. One has the odd compass flight direction thing and the other does not, and one has the camera view/map, on the left and the other on the right.. Any reason for this?

Yes. For a tablet (or in your case what the Go app classifies as a tablet), the telemetry radar will be fixed on the left, map view on right with map view and camera view swapable.
On a smartphone, the map view will be on the left but swapable with the telemetry radar.
Apparently the go app is classifying your smaller tablet as a smartphone.
DJI has an excellent training video on the telemetry radar and related display information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav