Permission to fly commercially. UK

Ash

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Has anyone flying a Phantom 3 got permission to fly commercially and be paid. Does anyone know what are the costs and what it all entails. I have been on the CAA website, I am struggling to understand it all.

Thanks

I seem to recall it was quite expensive and when I looked last year the P2 was not on the approved airframe list.

Shame I hope the P3 is an approved airframe, as my P3 is called " Professional". Thank for your quick reply Robin

As far as I know it's not a permission to fly commercial and get paid. It's an exception to the rules that allows you to fly near buildings, over crowds etc. if you are using it for commercial purposes. So as long as you stay within the rules that apply to hoppyist you should be allowed to charge money for the job without going through the CAA.
Am I mistaken?

Hi Jonas. I didn't read it like that. I thought it was a course and to obtain permission to fly and be paid. then they allow you to fly near buildings and people with insurance.................but then again I may be wrong. I am not a quick learner. I wouldn't mind betting its **** expensive, then there maybe renewal costs.

I did my BNUC-S course with EURO USC which is the pre-requirement for obtaining your permission for aerial work by the CAA.
It does cost around £1500 plus £500 plus for insurance for the year.
If you do the course then I highly recommend EURO USC, their instructors are great!
You might think it's expensive but if you can deliver high quality work then you will make your money back in no time.

Reactions: Milly
It depends on your experience. It starts with a 2 day theory section with an exam. If you pass that exam then you write up your operations manual which takes a long time!
Then there's half a days flight test which is a lot of tracking shots, showing failsafe, problem solving stuff. Then your application get's sent off to the CAA which takes about a month.
There are renewal fees, i cant remember exactly how much, I think it's around £300.

Good luck!

Maybe it is a lot of money for some, its out of my budget right now. Surely there must be an easier way?

If there was an easy way to make money, everyone would be at it. The rules and regulations are to keep the "new" industry safe and regulated and teach newcomers to the hobby that its a bit more than just buying the kit and going out and pissing off loads of folk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20