Permanently boost the WiFi tx power

I'd love to able to do that rather than buy the app and boost each time, but im no computer expert and i'm sure i'd stuff my bird completely if i even thought about trying!!

cryptoron said:
I did some playing with wifi settings in the drone to obtain the same result as the V+ Booster apps does. Now it's by default on the boosted value everytime the drone boots.

http://cryptodrone.blogspot.nl/2014/06/ ... lying.html

I would love to try this and have already ssh'd into my extender and phantom just to see if I could, but my only question is does this power boosting cause any harm to the electronics in the long term? Seems like there may be a heat dissipation issue when you crank up a transmitter's power like this? Have you tested this or do you definitively know the answer to this? Great post by the way. This beats the pants off these apps which do the same thing, but do not put an entry in the rc.local file, such that you would run the app only once. Obviously an app developers could have their apps just write into the rc.local file, but they don't. Hmmmm. Take note PVFlyer. Also there is a way cheaper version of wifi booster for android in the store right now. search for Phantom 2 Range Booster. It is $2.71 and also boosts the extender if you wish.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4