Perhaps the new ultimate camera

Reaction score
http://www.photographybay.com/2013/09/0 ... -unveiled/

It doesn't have to be attached to the phone to work. It is self contained.

Since most of us are using our GoPro's naked anyway, and Amazon is selling them for about the same price as a GoPro black, I would think this might be a higher quality image.

It has a 1 inch sensor on the 100 - same as the SONY RX100. I'm also betting it will fit in the standard gimbals we are all using.

Just a thought, but if I was replacing a GoPro, I'd seriously look at this...

D

Thats definatly an interesting camera, really need to see some samples of it in action.

Strapping that to a gimbal isn't going to be easy. Also, the lens isn't very wide angle. Looks like 28mm (35mm equiv).

justsomeguy said:
Lens is a winner, chipset limited to 1080/30fps max and the bit rate tops out at 25 mbps.

Doesn't look like a GP3B killer and far from the rumored chipset for the "GP4"

The odd form factor doesn't help.

Funny nobody has managed to beat the H3B this year and we are only a month or so away from the next gopro camera. GoPro know that the way they got their lead is by pushing boundaries and blowing away the competition, if they dont continue to do so they will come crashing down to earth. Brand loyalty doesnt mean much in the action cam market its not like Apple where people will continue to buy it for brand even when there are better options around.

If one of the big players bring out a camera to blow away the next gopro then that will be a massive hit for them. Great news for us as GoPro wants to stay King and many others want to take that position so either way we will end up with some awesome cameras.

If others cant even beat the one year old GoPro then I see them being a long way behind any new camera as there would be little point to release another unless its good enough to entice the current user base into upgrading. The action cam market is already dominated by GoPro so their main target audience along with new users is also their own current user base. Most wont upgrade if its not a big jump as the hero3 black is a great little camera for what it is.

Im amazed Sony, Panasonic etc havent been able to be a real threat to gopro as yet, lets hope they lift their game a bit and us users end up winners no matter which brand we end up buying thanks to the competition.

justsomeguy said:
Lens is a winner, chipset limited to 1080/30fps max and the bit rate tops out at 25 mbps.

Doesn't look like a GP3B killer and far from the rumored chipset for the "GP4"

The odd form factor doesn't help.

I can't buy rumors. Everytime I go to the store to find one, they are sold out.

What I can buy is a solid 1 inch chip with a high quality, fast Zeiss lens. The lens and sensor have been around for almost a year.

The QX100 ships in about 2 weeks. There is nothing to base any rumor on on a new GoPro. Just internet talk, which as we all know amounts to little of value.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic