Performance in hot weather

Reaction score
After 10 hours on my P3 Pro, one of the problem I have is that the RC signal and video signal diminish as the temperature goes up.

When I fly my drone under 30°C+, image transmission slow down and sometime and image become blurry. according to the Pilot apps, battery in drone goes up to 59°C. In a few occasions, I had to fly with only GPS location map.

Now I avoid operate my drone under hot sunny summer day. Anyone encounter the same problem?

Reactions: AgentOrange2015
It is very common for a phone or tablet to overheat in hot climates or direct sun and cause lag and video drop out. Normally however, you still have full control even if you lose the FPV. You can search and find many threads on this topic.

One thing that I personally have not seen mentioned is the image becoming blurry.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I flew mine yesterday here in Texas in 105 degree temperature and didn't have any issues. I didn't fly it for long because I was worried about having an issue.

each tablet has different tolerances to heat... I always use a sunshade and try to keep direct sunlight off of my iPad or iPhone. I find that as long as I can keep direct sunlight off - it tends to perform well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20