Perfect place to install RF V16 Tracker on P3, only Velcro needed!

Reaction score
Well i've been wondering where to install my rf v16 tracker on my P3P, i was going to velcro it underneath where the VPS sensors are because mine are turned off as i don't fly indoors. I've since heard that any tracker will find it hard to aquire a gps signal due to the shielding etc on the P3, so tried it anyhow and i can confirm that the tracker cannot get a gps underneath so this is not an option.
So after thinking about it i velcroed the tracker to the back of the battery and as extra security in case it did fall off i got the mini lanyard which comes supplied with the tracker, cut the ribbon off which just left the release clip like the ones on the tx lanyard but minature, i got the smallest cable tie i could find and tied the clip to the leg. The tracker is connected to the other side of the clip so they just clip together and are easily parted to remove the battery and charge tracker etc.
In case you're thinking that if the tracker comes loose from the velcro it could hit the props? It can't because the tether is not long enough to reach.
The tracker works spot on where it's positioned, live tracking is turned off so no chance of interference with the tracker sending out signals every so often, if i do ever need it i'll just text it for location.
Also as a big bonus the VPS system is clear from any obstruction so the sensors can still be used!
I think my idea is about the best place on the P3 for the rf v16, you could put the tracker on one of the legs but this may interfere with signals being as there are four antennas, or you could get a gimbal protector/ tracker holder but VPS could not be used.
The button on the battery is easy to press through the velcro so no problems there and the four lights are still in full view. Make sure to use the real velcro as its very strong and has no chance of coming away, in fact it says a 20mm strip can hold 300 grams of weight, rf v16 is only 27 grams and very small so no worries there. I've flew three times since fitted and the tracker has not moved and works perfectly.
Not sure if this could work for other trackers as most are bigger than the rf v16.
Hope this helps someone. :)

2z8pw5t.jpg

67v1as.jpg

28iu72g.jpg

Reactions: reboot81
That's where I planned to put my flytrex too.... Oh wait, it won't work on a P3... Sold.

The problem with the rf v16 in my area is 2g is being fazed out, and it does not have 3 or 4g.
No problem as yet here in the uk, not sure if and when it will be fazed out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.