PELI Case 1660 does the job!

Reaction score
Thought I'd share our new blue peter P2 setup:

PELI Case 1660-Amazon £200
PELI "Plucky" 1660 foam inserts-eBay- £36
2X orange utility straps cut in half-B&Q- £3
Plastic backing for strength under foam-B&Q- £18.00

Everything fits and we still have an extra layer to be filled in the middle if needed, ample room for a GS Monitor, battery pack and extra RX equipment if required.

uqusu4aj.jpg
7uvu7e8u.jpg
ruqa9abe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job. I love the idea of the removable sheets :)

I am in the middle of sorting my case out.... using an electric carving knife to cut the foam. It's labourious, however I think the results will be good.

Just go with a Stanley knife. It's less messy! Our cleaners on the verge of quitting lol

Hey, that might actually work with my P2 and Extended Landing Gear. :D

They look like the standard 40mm (clearly with two taped together for the main section).

SRT said:
What are the thickness' of the two foam sections?

I'll check tomorrow when back in the office, there are 5 sections in total, 1 thin for the base 1 eggshell for the lid and 3 center sections. The middle section was cut in half as it put too much pressure on the props when closed down.

AMKings said:
SRT said:
What are the thickness' of the two foam sections?

I'll check tomorrow when back in the office, there are 5 sections in total, 1 thin for the base 1 eggshell for the lid and 3 center sections. The middle section was cut in half as it put too much pressure on the props when closed down.

Thanks.. I ask because work gave me two 1660 cases but the foam was trashed.

so that is a phantom 2 or Vision in there?

with the full size rotor guards for the 9 inch props?

reason I ask is the Peli 1660 has in interior dimension of 28.20"L x 19.66"W x 17.63"D (inches)

when I measured my phantom Vision with prop guards they measured just over 19.66
Just wanting to make sure

how much room do you have on the top and bottom for the lid to close...?

Those pictures can be slightly misleading with scale if you don't pay close attention. This case is gigantic and won't even fit well into smaller vehicles, so make sure that is what you are looking for if you plan on buying this case (Pelican 1660). I bought one a while back, but decided it was way too large to be practical. I have since been using a Pelican 1600 which does the job perfectly.

The 1600 will not work with the vision with the prop guards on

I have the prop guards on. I like the look plus it protects the props I fly in areas with lots of trees and such and like the added protectionn

THell said:
The 1600 will not work with the vision with the prop guards on

I have the prop guards on. I like the look plus it protects the props I fly in areas with lots of trees and such and like the added protectionn

Right, it will not fit with prop guards. It will also not fit with the propellers on without trimming (or removing) foam in the top. The 1660 is a great case if you want a big case with room for a lot of gear, I just think some people might underestimate its size.

Think I just scored a pretty good deal...

Picked up a Storm iM3075
Int Dimensions 29.75 x 20.75 x 17.75 in. (756 x 527 x 451mm)

with pick and pluck foam for $350.00 Canadian... That should fit everything very nicely...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1