Peeping Tom "Drone"?

Reaction score
Matt Drudge is all over "drone" stories. He had this one and 2 more today. The FAA killing Amazon.com's plane to deliver packages with "drones" and near misses with airplanes being on the increase.

This will sadly be a recurring pattern. Some bloated, hideous house frau -- bored to within an inch of their life -- sees a drone out the window and immediately thinks the only reason it could be there is to spy on them. They call the police not because they are actually concerned for their privacy but because it will give them something to do. The police have no choice but to investigate. The local newsroom computers sift the police reports and trigger on the word "drone". Slow news day? Put it in the 3rd block with a stock image of a menacing drone. Syndicates pick up on the same keyword. Story goes national.

This is why the whole country knows about the day a lonely woman and an innocent drone met in Seattle.

hey guys! I have a great way to spy on people!

It makes a ton of noise, has limited camera zoom and we can do it in broad daylight! No one will ever know!

:roll:

but people will do this and after the smoke clears you will have to get a background check before buying one in the future . :roll:

These peeping tom allegations are bonkers. Funny thing is, there were two of them peeping together in plain sight. Will be going on vacation at a beach house on the Florida coast all week long this Saturday, I hope I don't run into any fear mongers.

The drones were having a conversation

Drone 1: "Psst.. hey, act natural"
Drone 2: "Bzzzzzzzzzzz"
Drone 1: "I said natural!!"
Drone 2: "Death drop"

jodaddy23 said:
but people will do this and after the smoke clears you will have to get a background check before buying one in the future . :roll:
I've already had the cops called on me at least twice for flying over my street testing updates at 30 meters. :roll: Complaints of "he's spying on me" or "it's just creepy and must be illegal". Funny thing is I usually fly with someone alongside me. The last complaint came while I was showing my wife how it works. Yeppers, a whole family of "peepers". :twisted:
Now they wouldn't/don't say anything about the guy in the ultralight,hot air balloon or helicopter that flies over/hovers over their homes that can carry a full size/full zoom camera. :x
This can go either way now, we're at a teetering point when it comes to being regulated out of this hobby in my opinion.

They where filming a construction site for the builder love how they didn't mention that .
The heifer that called was the ugliest woman I ever seen she was just looking for attention her building was not in any of the fotage from their vids . The more the news dose bad coverage on us the more people want to say they are being violated . Yet they don't say a word about the government recording all phone calls and flying drones over us with the capability of zooming down to your backyard . People are so dam dumb and want to be part of something to get their 15min of fame . Lately I've been flying no cam waiting for someone to say I'm spying on them from 100+ feet up .

dragonash said:
why is it that the ugly ones complain about being "spied on" and the pretty ones wave and pose? :lol:
I smell lawsuit! You'd think Seattle being one of the diamonds in the crown of liberalism would be more tolerant of things. Maybe she should fire up a dube and chill... :lol:

dragonash said:
why is it that the ugly ones complain about being "spied on" and the pretty ones wave and pose? :lol:

There is much truth in that, young padawan! :D

750r said:
They where filming a construction site for the builder love how they didn't mention that .
The heifer that called was the ugliest woman I ever seen she was just looking for attention her building was not in any of the fotage from their vids . .....
Not trying to be mean or judgmental, but that was kind of my first thought as well. She was just trying to flatter herself if she thought someone was intentionally trying to "peep" on her. Besides, something that was not ever mentioned in the media about that story- the picture she supposedly took herself of the "drone" in question wasn't even pointed at her, the camera was aimed 90 degrees from her direction according to the picture being published. I hate alarmists trying to sensationalize something for their own attention. :evil:

Just can't get any respect. Feel like Rodney Dangerfield here. Just last week was flying my Phantom over my backyard getting a nice sunset. My neighbor's wife told me to take it down because she though I was spying on her I showed her my iphone and showed her the sunset I was filming. Still not convinced told me to take it down anyways. To add insult to injury my wife told me never to fly it in our neighborhood again she doesn't want to me known as known as the wife of the neighborhood perv. FAA aside how do you deal with all the drone haters out there?

Yesterday morning I made a rare trip to the gym and was doing the eliptical with a bank of tvs in front of me,out of the corner of my eye I saw CNN post headline The Drone Report or something like that.I immediately flipped over and started watching it.There was 5 people sitting around discussing that case and the case of the girl who assaulted the 17 yr old boy for flying on the beach.Surprisingly they were sticking up for the drones,basically saying people are idiots for worrying about a drone invading their privacy when something on the ground like a cell phone camera is much more likely to be spying on you.I was pleasantly surprised

htownphantom said:
Yesterday morning I made a rare trip to the gym and was doing the eliptical with a bank of tvs in front of me,out of the corner of my eye I saw CNN post headline The Drone Report or something like that.I immediately flipped over and started watching it.There was 5 people sitting around discussing that case and the case of the girl who assaulted the 17 yr old boy for flying on the beach.Surprisingly they were sticking up for the drones,basically saying people are idiots for worrying about a drone invading their privacy when something on the ground like a cell phone camera is much more likely to be spying on you.I was pleasantly surprised

There was a quick spot on our local news recently that brought up that same point..about cell phone cameras being more likely to intrude than drones do. Sure, the hi-tech drones can do some pretty heavy surveillance because they can see from miles away and at that distance are silent.

What we use? Yeah, not so stealthy to be effective.

Good points. I find either people are very interested when they see the Phantom for first time or they are super paranoid. Glad to see people sticking up for us. Hopefully as time goes on and more definitive rules are established, people get used to what they are and we won't have to explain ourselves to others each time we want to fly and just have fun.

The person that called the Police in Seattle is actually a friend of mine. She actually didn't say it was a Peeping Tom, she was just caught off guard to see it outside her window (while undressed). She is very laid back and thinks the media is blowing this way out of proportion. I fly a DJI F550 and think the news going crazy about this story is pretty funny.

The reality in this case, was the drone was piloted by a photographer working for a developer taking legit shows of a development and the view for printed material. He apologized to her for the confusion... all is good.

Sure seems like she thought it was spying on her. An inflated sense of self-importance followed by embarrassment once the attention exceeded expectations. That anyone would think a loud, buzzy, blinky thing that lasts 15 minutes would be a suitable spy device is completely beyond me.

Though the real guilty party here is the brain-dead media pandering to the idiocracy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic