peak district

Reaction score
did this near banford edge in the peak district and 3 men on quad bikes pulled up where we was and told me not to fly because I was on open access land, I was just packing up so I had done my flying.

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
You can take film and take photographs on open access land, just not commercially.

Great video too btw. I just acquired the phantom advanced but think mine has a focus issue, from the photos and video's I have seen they come out nice and sharp, mine are slightly OOF. Im going to investigate it this weekend a bit more. It could be that I'm used to using DSLR's and going to this tiny 12mp sensor, my expectations are a little high.

Thanks for the reply. I think the farmer was on about me flying the drone on open land. Put your settings to default and do some more filming to test and a good starting point.

Lotusteve - I realise that I am picking up on an old thread but it is almost certain that you cannot legally enter CROW public access land for the purpose of flying a drone/UAV. Most public access land is private land over which the the CROW Act 2000 provides certain easements, in particular those of 'open air activities'. Several activities are specifically precluded and these include operating vehicles and flying hang-gliders or para-gliders. However you look at it; a drone is a vehicle. I own land within the National Park and it is irritating to have to deal with people that don't understand that the National Park is mostly privately owned and that access is only permitted for certain undertakings. That said I think that the use of UAVs in agriculture offer some outstanding opportunities and many farmers/gamekeepers understand this. If you want to fly a drone from within public access land do yourself a favour and get consent from the landowner/occupier.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik