PCB antenna placement

Reaction score
I bought a used, crashed, phantom 3 adv. Ive solved most of its damage now (gimbal yaw arm was bent among other things, managed to straighten it without breaking by using blow torch, while I wait new parts), but I only just noticed one antenna is cut and the PCB part missing. Its the one on the front right leg. Ive ordered some new ones, but Im curious; are the 4 antenna's doing the same thing, but entirely for redundancy (/diversity), or are there like 2 antenna's for control and 2 for video ? Does anyone have an idea which antenna does what?

Also, Ive not taken off the shell yet, but I think I'll have to, in order to replace the antenna. Ive seached, but not found a video showing how to replace them on a phantom 3 adv. I'll probably figure it out, but it would be nice if I could watch it while I wait for the spares to arrive.

Thanks for the link, some useful video's in there. Im guessing the P3A is more like the P3P than the standard, and if so (or even if its not), it looks like a major job to replace an antenna, ouch!

Correct. Other than the camera/gimbal, the P3A and P3P are identical.

Pfew, turned out to be even worse than I feared. You have to take off the shell, the mainboard and disassemble the vision system. The cabling is super tight and routing not exactly straightforward Some along the way shots I made, in case anyone else needs to replace theirs:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik