PC Ground Station for phantom 3?

Reaction score
Hi,
someone know if will be available the Dji pc ground station for phantom 3 pro/adv? or from other company?

sergio

certainly not from DJI. who knows whether some 3rd party comes out with something.

Forgive my ignorance (this is my first DJI product) but what exactly is Ground Station and what does it provide to the game?

Thanks in advance,
Allen

Forgive my ignorance (this is my first DJI product) but what exactly is Ground Station and what does it provide to the game?

Thanks in advance,
Allen
It allows for flights paths to be pre-selected w/o first having to fly the mission. Previous iterations of the waypoints feature (on the P2x birds) allowed for this.

Reactions: BigAl07
It allows for flights paths to be pre-selected w/o first having to fly the mission. Previous iterations of the waypoints feature (on the P2x birds) allowed for this.
Ah thank you very much. That makes sense. I do find "pre flying" the waypoints a hassle and waste of time and valuable battery resources. On the other hand I can also see why they implemented this to try and keep idiots safe from their own mistakes. I think there should be an "over ride" button where you can assume the liability and fly the waypoints w/o flying them first.

Reactions: bbfpv
BigAI07: i don't see where flying the course first is idiot proof.the idiot might fly point A then a curve to reach point B behind an obstacle and then fly the waypoints.....

Sergio:
As you need a device to fly and your choices are either Android or Apple you might consider some of the 3rd party options like Litchi, that allows you "ground station" funtions as you ask for.

BigAI07: i don't see where flying the course first is idiot proof.the idiot might fly point A then a curve to reach point B behind an obstacle and then fly the waypoints.....
True but the odds are a wee bit better if the idiot flies the course first. They can't make it idiot proof or we would just have a large rock with a DJI decal on it. :)

Reactions: libertyflyer
Hi,
someone know if will be available the Dji pc ground station for phantom 3 pro/adv? or from other company?

sergio
This is something I was searching myself as well... but I bet it's very difficult to find out.
I mean... the only way for your PC to communicate with the P3A/P3P (not sure P3S) is through the remote... and therefore there would be the need to have a "driver" (or sort of) to connect the remotebto your PC. Too much work to be done. And by the way, it's much more easy and comfortable to bring your tablet with you rather than your laptop.
And there's already a commercial GS tool for your tablet...;)

As a former P2 owner with Ground Station, I feel somewhat like I have downgraded with my P3A. Mapping with Ground Station/P2 wasn't ideal because a GoPro doesn't have Exif data but the features of the photogrammetry tool on my PC with my P2 blow anything yet available for the P3 out of the water.

With that said, everything else about the P3 is a huge improvement in 1 generation over my P2. I hope that Drone Deploy, Pix4D, Autoflight Logic or someone else builds a good mapping and photogrammetric app that is on par with GS and makes use of the Exif data available on the P3A and P3P.

Reactions: bobmyers
As a former P2 owner with Ground Station, I feel somewhat like I have downgraded with my P3A. Mapping with Ground Station/P2 wasn't ideal because a GoPro doesn't have Exif data but the features of the photogrammetry tool on my PC with my P2 blow anything yet available for the P3 out of the water.

With that said, everything else about the P3 is a huge improvement in 1 generation over my P2. I hope that Drone Deploy, Pix4D, Autoflight Logic or someone else builds a good mapping and photogrammetric app that is on par with GS and makes use of the Exif data available on the P3A and P3P.
I am waiting on that app that can set way points on the map-- so we can fly rural property lines at long distances. We can already do that with the QAV500 by setting them up on a laptop. I am getting great range and penetration with the P3 now with the DBS mod and just need the app to work to fly waypoints with some distance.

Just curious: where did you get the news?
It was posted on the inspirepilots website with a link and then the link was pulled. But it was verified to be true. now, will they release it? Who knows. Just because they beta it, doesn't mean that it will be so. Fingers crossed. But it was beta tested with the phantom 3

Reactions: Andrea
It was posted on the inspirepilots website with a link and then the link was pulled. But it was verified to be true. now, will they release it? Who knows. Just because they beta it, doesn't mean that it will be so. Fingers crossed. But it was beta tested with the phantom 3
I wonder how to upload missions to the bird... through the controller? Then the controller must be connected to the PC... and therefore controller's drivers must be released as well.
Everything looks a little bit too complicated to me for this feature to be (ever) released but... let's hope for the best.

Why not use the Litchi app? It does that.

I wonder how to upload missions to the bird... through the controller? Then the controller must be connected to the PC... and therefore controller's drivers must be released as well.
Everything looks a little bit too complicated to me for this feature to be (ever) released but... let's hope for the best.
there's a PC version and an iOS version. We are referring to the the iOS version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik