PC doesn't recognize when Phantom is plugged in

Reaction score
I just changed my entire shell today. Flew it, works perfectly fine.

Went back home, plugged it in, switched on the battery, opened up the Phantom Vision Assistant software and it doesn't recognize my Phantom. Therefore I cant do a lot of things like switching between phantom or Naza mode, check battery health, etc.

Restarted the PC, reinstalled drivers, switched to a couple of different micro USB cables but nothing changes, the software still doesn't recognize the phantom plugged in.

What went wrong this time?????

does it recognize your RC, or anything else USB for that matter?

recognizes the RC, yes. And i use those USB slots a lot for other stuff. so it's definitely something wrong.

I plugged it in the camera and turned the battery on, it works like a charm.

is the usb port in the bird connected properly? i've never replaced a shell, but i'd imagine reseating the usb port and cable would be required, so maybe check for a loose connection.

bbfpv said:
is the usb port in the bird connected properly? i've never replaced a shell, but i'd imagine reseating the usb port and cable would be required, so maybe check for a loose connection.

previously before using the original shell, usb connection worked flawlessly. yeah maybe there's some cable not connected properly somewhere but i don't know where

Try this:
1. Uninstall the driver in Programs and Features.
2. Close all assistants.
2. Plug up the Phantom and turn it on.
3. Run the driver installer again.
4. After successful install, run the PC assistant.
5. Possible joy.

Edit: Nevermind you have already tried this. I agree with the "USB port not connected properly inside the shell" theory.

Wibble said:
Most USB cables are cheap and nasty - could be the cable - would be a coincidence after what you did but take it from me these things do happen!

Agree totally. Definitely worth checking. I messed around for ages one day, then changed the cable and presto, everything worked!

If the Phantom is hot users have said that connection can be a problem - keep it cool with a desk fan.

As in normal use it is being cooled by the props.

paulajayne said:
If the Phantom is hot users have said that connection can be a problem - keep it cool with a desk fan.

Hard to keep cool with an Avatar pi like that. :D

paulajayne said:

Today is Day 2 already and the drone has been kept cool after 2 flights hours ago and the Phantom Vision Assistant Software still can't recognize the phantom. getting frustrating for me.

I need to check the health status of my batteries that's why.

Definitely not the cable because I just plugged it in the camera slot just now to upload my photos onto my PC, and it works fine.

Is this an isolated case? I googled about my issue and nothing similar came up. No way in hell will I ever email DJI again because their customer service on technical issues is virtually non-existent.

I would say if all worked fine prior to the mod then I would look at usb connection at main board, see if it is plugged all the way or even in correct location. If possible even try a different usb cable I have experience cables that work with 1 thing yet not another.

also just for fun go to Device manager if you have windows and look for a usb item with an error icon, if you see one click uninstall(with phantom unplugged) then plug in . sometime the ports gets locked up in relation to a device and until error removed it will fail to communicate properly.

as far as DJI help this weekend they had a post on their site:

Note that the DJI LA Center will be closed on Friday February 13th for system upgrades and the 16th for Presidents day. All services other than our call center will be available on the 13th.

kirk2579 said:
I would say if all worked fine prior to the mod then I would look at usb connection at main board, see if it is plugged all the way or even in correct location. If possible even try a different usb cable I have experience cables that work with 1 thing yet not another.

also just for fun go to Device manager if you have windows and look for a usb item with an error icon, if you see one click uninstall(with phantom unplugged) then plug in . sometime the ports gets locked up in relation to a device and until error removed it will fail to communicate properly.

as far as DJI help this weekend they had a post on their site:

Note that the DJI LA Center will be closed on Friday February 13th for system upgrades and the 16th for Presidents day. All services other than our call center will be available on the 13th.

i plugged it in all the way snugly and still doesn't make a difference. Earlier mentioned i tried with 2 different usb cables, both yielded the same results.

went to device manager, nope, don't see any usb item with an error icon.

Had the same problem. Sent it in for repair. It ended up being a bad USB. Confusing to me as I had just used it the day before and all was fine. I had not taken it apart or anything. It just decided to go bad.

Good luck
Forester

Forester said:
Had the same problem. Sent it in for repair. It ended up being a bad USB. Confusing to me as I had just used it the day before and all was fine. I had not taken it apart or anything. It just decided to go bad.

Good luck
Forester

Is the USB part of the shell ?

Judging from the link below, If it uses the same pin connectors as the GPS plug, then unplug it and clean the connectors.
You did mention of a shell swap. Also check if you installed in backwards (is it possible?).

http://www.justhobbies.net.au/djip2-s04 ... -usb-cable

Mako79 said:
Judging from the link below, If it uses the same pin connectors as the GPS plug, then unplug it and clean the connectors.
You did mention of a shell swap. Also check if you installed in backwards (is it possible?).

http://www.justhobbies.net.au/djip2-s04 ... -usb-cable

I wondered about it being backwards myself. It is a straight 4 pin plug that really doesn't fit well at all. I could see somehow it going in reversed. That would flip the data line and power etc on pins with end result= no work

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik