Payloads ... would they affect drone's Dynamics?

To add to this discussion, note that the motors are mounted tilted slightly off the vertical axis. By slowing down a pair and speeding the other pair, the drone can still hover while receiving rotational force.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

To add to this discussion, note that the motors are mounted tilted slightly off the vertical axis. By slowing down a pair and speeding the other pair, the drone can still hover while receiving rotational force.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Bingo! I noticed that as well and I was wondering why this was the case.
In fact, I even 'complained' (in a different thread) that my prop-guards were crooked as the distance between the prop tip and prop-guard changed as you rotate the propeller.

That IS the answer, Thank You!

Bingo! I noticed that as well and I was wondering why this was the case.
In fact, I even 'complained' (in a different thread) that my prop-guards were crooked as the distance between the prop tip and prop-guard changed as you rotate the propeller.

That IS the answer, Thank You!
Hover can be maintained while yawning (by varying speed of opposing pairs) with all props on the horizontal plane. The pitch inwards (towards the centre) no doubt increases stability by reducing the tendency for drift (easier job for the flight controller).

Reactions: JB63
Agreed. Absolutely. And no doubt this aids stabilty or some other flight characteristic. A quadcooter still can hover while yawing with all rotors at 90deg off vertical though. Many are configured like that.
Please elaborate, I am having hard time following. I think that, if the propeller's axes are all parallel (perpendicular to plane of machine), the AC might not be able to rotate in place (yaw) ... what am I missing?

In another thread, or maybe another forum, I read that the slight tilt of the motor axes was to help reduce the vortex ring effect when the AC is descending.

In another thread, or maybe another forum, I read that the slight tilt of the motor axes was to help reduce the vortex ring effect when the AC is descending.

Vectoring the thrust in this way creates a dihedral like forces which add to the stability.
It becomes very obvious in hex and octo-copters where the entire motor booms or arms are angled to create a 'cone' like effect.

Please elaborate, I am having hard time following. I think that, if the propeller's axes are all parallel (perpendicular to plane of machine), the AC might not be able to rotate in place (yaw) ... what am I missing?

Newton's Third Law.

I have no idea what y'all are talking about but I'm learning a ton , I think. I'm just impressed there are folks on this forum that know this stuff. Great thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newton's Third Law.

Let's see, that translates to action and reaction ... How does that help me here?
Sorry, again long week, I need to think a bit more about this and come back. It's been a long time since I took a dynamics test :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20