Payload on Phantom 4

Reaction score
I modified the original gimbal cover to a mount, and attached an external camera (really small camera) with my P4 , it worked, but I realized that the phantom is very unstable, and keep dropping the altitude .

Any suggestion on how to attach extra payload to P4? Can P4 fly with extra weight and perform the same?

Thank you.

P4 cant hold up to 500grams of payload, I tested with 600grams but the motor get really hot, For your question on how to attach it check my recent post

Ideas for P4 Aerial Ash dispersion
Thank you. The camera only weights like 4.8 oz=140~g. I am more concerned about the over all balance of the vehicle. I think it is prob my design, it is like the drone is caring a pendulum motion device so it is unbalance, I am trying to make my design shorter so the camera doesn't go back and forth too much, I dont physically see it moving too much, but I can see that the drone is dropping altitude and unbalanced.

The altitude you live at will make some difference also, you'll be able to lift more at sea level.

Also, does you mount impede the vision of the VPS at all? As noted in another post about the Phantom yo-yoing it was a gimbal guard that was causing the issue even though it wasn't directly below the VPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik