Payload Drop With Servo

Your plans sound cool, i'd be interested in seeing some prototype pics and maybe even beta testing if you get to that point.

Love to have your input and beta testing. PM me to my gmail account using my name and I will add you to the list.
DougLeppard

Thanks. Your comments above I fully agree with. My problem is that some of the people we work with overseas have been killed by Islamic terrorist and by "normal" people who were told it was their duty to kill them. It is so much worse than our media tell us.

On a lighter note any insights or comments on this project is welcome love to hear from you.
Bad situation all around. If it hadn't been for the recent 60 Minutes episode showing modified DJI drones dropping mini bombs, I wouldn't be aware of it either. On the bright side, the good guys are using DJI P4 drones to locate terrorist snipers, while disabling RTH to prevent giving way their own location! These tools can be used for both good and evil. Looking forward to your evolving project.

Why the heck are you jacking around with the extra weight and complexity of servo, battery, etc?

1 Set your camera looking straight down.
2 Tie a string on the camera
3 Hook other end of string to a sliding paper clip rod in a small paper clip loop holder.
4 When you are at altitude, raise the camera up to horizontal position..... string will pull rod out of sliders, releasing payload. Voila!

(why do you want to drop stuff anyway?)

Why the heck are you jacking around with the extra weight and complexity of servo, battery, etc?

1 Set your camera looking straight down.
2 Tie a string on the camera
3 Hook other end of string to a sliding paper clip rod in a small paper clip loop holder.
4 When you are at altitude, raise the camera up to horizontal position..... string will pull rod out of sliders, releasing payload. Voila!

(why do you want to drop stuff anyway?)

Tried that way and cloth hanger, end up having my P3A living happyly with sharks

Hello, I own a company that is looking of a way to drop bananas from great heights, you may be on to something here.

You should look the PAYLOAD RELEASE FOR DRONES
droneaccessoriesdirect.com
3 VERSION.jpg

I purchase my drop mechanism for my Phantom 4 from Gimbal Guard for $165. I have used it successfully for dropping water balloons , bottle of beer, and a banner saying "I come in Peace" It works great and is activated by the front led light . It is simple and has it's own rechargeable battery. A bottle of beer is about the heaviest thing I want to lift and release. The device is very simple to install!

I purchase my drop mechanism for my Phantom 4 from Gimbal Guard for $165. I have used it successfully for dropping water balloons , bottle of beer, and a banner saying "I come in Peace" It works great and is activated by the front led light . It is simple and has it's own rechargeable battery. A bottle of beer is about the heaviest thing I want to lift and release. The device is very simple to install!
This one?
Gimbal-Guard

Yes, but it is black as I have the Phantom 4 Black edition

This works on P3 & P4 all series
Servo need to be operated on 5V to be able to provide sufficient Juice
The version below operated on 5V plug & play using LED sensor
Anything more than 6V will burn your servo in long run (google servo specification)

new1_grande.jpg

Black Version
new1_1024x1024.png
20170615_204239_1024x1024.png

Glow in dark version
p4_1024x1024.png

FB_IMG_1474209174422_grande.jpg

Beer drop test

Not needed to open shell
USB rechargeable port
Fast charging module takes 50 Minutes to charge
Tested Torque 2.5KG

cheapest on market $119
Free Shipping Worldwide
Ships from Canada
Visit site

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

For those who were following this thread while it was alive, we are in our beta testing phase. We are interested in those who want to purchase the unit for greatly reduced cost and test out the unit in exchange for feedback.

For those of you who did not follow the thread, I created this thread in help with getting a payload drop for the DJI Phantom 3 and 4 series. It is completely controlled by the drone as it detects when the LED's are turned off (controlled via app or the drone controller) and will release the cargo you are carrying.

This is a fun and exciting phase. Please PM me ASAP as slots are limited and I will provide with further details. Thanks!

Blake

this is what Blake was talking about, shows a video of me dropping six different toy parachutes to my grand-kids.

We are looking for beta testors let me know at doug dot leppard at teralign.com

Good morning everyone!

For those who were following this thread while it was alive, we are in our beta testing phase. We are interested in those who want to purchase the unit for greatly reduced cost and test out the unit in exchange for feedback.

For those of you who did not follow the thread, I created this thread in help with getting a payload drop for the DJI Phantom 3 and 4 series. It is completely controlled by the drone as it detects when the LED's are turned off (controlled via app or the drone controller) and will release the cargo you are carrying.

This is a fun and exciting phase. Please PM me ASAP as slots are limited and I will provide with further details. Thanks!

Blake
Where do I sign up

Yeah, I want the 6 bomb version! Much more useful, in case the first misses the target! :D

I have the UBuyWeRush device and it works great --- but how did you make a device that can drop 6 objects independently?

this is what Blake was talking about, shows a video of me dropping six different toy parachutes to my grand-kids.

We are looking for beta testors let me know at doug dot leppard at teralign.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl