Pay attention to distance!!

Keep in mind that the elevation reportedby the DJI Go is relative to your launch elevation, which is set at 0 by the barometer during warmup. If you are launching to 400 feet from a launch site at 250 above sea level, and maintaining that altitude when flying over sea level, you are actually 650 feet above sea level, which really helps with the range! I've reached 2.73 miles before the video got sketchy! Elevation is your friend. On the other hand, even a single tree on the ground anywhere directly between you and your aircraft can drastically reduce the range, so try and position yourself above your subject at launch with a clear and continuous LOS, to avoid any signal interruption.

Keep in mind that the elevation reportedby the DJI Go is relative to your launch elevation, which is set at 0 by the barometer during warmup. If you are launching to 400 feet from a launch site at 250 above sea level, and maintaining that altitude when flying over sea level, you are actually 650 feet above sea level, which really helps with the range! I've reached 2.73 miles before the video got sketchy! Elevation is your friend. On the other hand, even a single tree on the ground anywhere directly between you and your aircraft can drastically reduce the range, so try and position yourself above your subject at launch with a clear and continuous LOS, to avoid any signal interruption.

This is very true. I used to fly from a very dense neighbourhood. Still reached 3 miles plus but my advantage was height. If you have clear line of sight you can fly 3-4 miles even from your densely populated terraced house.

This is very true. I used to fly from a very dense neighbourhood. Still reached 3 miles plus but my advantage was height. If you have clear line of sight you can fly 3-4 miles even from your densely populated terraced house.

Living dangerously under the power lines! :eek:
Weaving and bobbing around disaster. Well done! :cool:
Mine is a stock, unaltered P3P. It's always a welcome relief when she returns home from her long range mission!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20