Passed the written exam... Now off to the FSDO

Reaction score
Took the online course for pilots and passed. I found it very informative. I think the FAA really got it right with 107.
Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 7.04.10 PM.png

Can you send the link for the course? I could not find it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Thanks for showing us. I'm gonna check it out too!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, I passed that rest and got the same certificate, but now I'm lost add to the next steps
Can you help?
Thx
Step 1: Print FAAST Completion Certificate
Step 2: Complete IACRA Application for a new pilot certificate for "Remote Pilot Certificate" (https://iacra.faa.gov)
Step 3: Find/Hire a CFI/DPE/FAA Inspector to verify your application and endorse it.
Step 4: Schedule appointment at FSDO. No walk-ins allowed.
Step 5: Present FAA Inspector your current pilot certificate, Logbook endorsement of a current Biennial Flight Review, Completion certificate of the FAAST Exam, and a valid form of I.D. as outlined in the FARs
Step 6: Receive Temporary "Remote Pilot Certificate".

*It is to the best of my knowledge that the option for a Remote Pilot Certificate application will not be in IACRA until 8/2016.

Step 1: Print FAAST Completion Certificate
Step 2: Complete IACRA Application for a new pilot certificate for "Remote Pilot Certificate" (https://iacra.faa.gov)
Step 3: Find/Hire a CFI/DPE/FAA Inspector to verify your application and endorse it.
Step 4: Schedule appointment at FSDO. No walk-ins allowed.
Step 5: Present FAA Inspector your current pilot certificate, Logbook endorsement of a current Biennial Flight Review, Completion certificate of the FAAST Exam, and a valid form of I.D. as outlined in the FARs
Step 6: Receive Temporary "Remote Pilot Certificate".

*It is to the best of my knowledge that the option for a Remote Pilot Certificate application will not be in IACRA until 8/2016.

Thank you very much.

So, I have to wait till August for the next step, basically can't jump steps, got to do the step 2 in August first?

So, I have to wait till August for the next step, basically can't jump steps, got to do the step 2 in August first?
To my belief yes.

Reactions: Mike_Flys

It's my interpretation that those without a current pilot's license will have to take the test at an approved FAA testing vendor–which are usually FBOs at airports that conduct flight training. You can find a list online for your nearest test location and it won't be available until August 21st.

SB

It's my interpretation that those without a current pilot's license will have to take the test at an approved FAA testing vendor–which are usually FBOs at airports that conduct flight training. You can find a list online for your nearest test location and it won't be available until August 21st.

SB

Well, I'm in no hurry, not planning on doing any commercial jobs soon. So I'll wait till the process is more clear, I suppose!

Reactions: NC Drone

SB
Yes, you are correct. However, we are discussing the process for those individuals who currently hold a pilot certificate issued by the FAA.

Reactions: Sagebrush
Thanks SweatpantsDroner, but it seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. I'm not a big fan of the FAA going through my log book. More government over reach BS !!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks again for this. I started the course. Since I don't have a pilot license, I am using it as a study. It is great!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20