Passed the online exam...

Reaction score
..Just posting to cheer myself on. Got 100%! 8 days from an impulse drone buy to (seemingly) ready for the real exam... Now to find a testing center and schedule it! #happyday

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Congratulations. I hope. You are studying hard.
As an airplane pilot I have passed the test and have an appointment with the FSDO to get my certificate on the 30th.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Which online exam did you pass? If it was the one for current pilots, don't celebrate too soon! Designed for pilots who have already passed an extensive aviation knowledge exam, It only covers about 20-25% of the material that may be on the sUAS exam. Go back over the several threads and posts on the Part 107 tests to see what I mean. If was one of the more complete practice exams, congratulations. But don't just assume that passing one of these sample tests that don't actually have access to the real FAA question pool means that you are really ready for the real test. Not trying to rain on your parade, but if you look through those other posts, you will see that there has been a lot of discussion and IMHO a lot of folks who are going to be very surprised because they didn't properly prepare. In addition to just wanting to do well on the test, I also don't want to have to shell out the $150 a pop to retake the test. I am a licensed pilot (although not current because of medical) andI've passed every sample test that I can find, but I'm still going over all the material that I can so I don't just know the answer but why the answer is right or wrong. Don't let this ramble discourage you - the test will be passable with proper preparation. Good luck.

Reactions: Falcon900
Which online exam did you pass? If it was the one for current pilots, don't celebrate too soon! Designed for pilots who have already passed an extensive aviation knowledge exam, It only covers about 20-25% of the material that may be on the sUAS exam. Go back over the several threads and posts on the Part 107 tests to see what I mean. If was one of the more complete practice exams, congratulations. But don't just assume that passing one of these sample tests that don't actually have access to the real FAA question pool means that you are really ready for the real test. Not trying to rain on your parade, but if you look through those other posts, you will see that there has been a lot of discussion and IMHO a lot of folks who are going to be very surprised because they didn't properly prepare. In addition to just wanting to do well on the test, I also don't want to have to shell out the $150 a pop to retake the test. I am a licensed pilot (although not current because of medical) andI've passed every sample test that I can find, but I'm still going over all the material that I can so I don't just know the answer but why the answer is right or wrong. Don't let this ramble discourage you - the test will be passable with proper preparation. Good luck.

Richard I think you are referring to the OP joet.

but if you meant me then:
From the FAAs website:
To qualify for the certificate, you must either pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center or have an existing non-student Part 61 pilot certificate. If you are qualifying under the latter provision, you must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and must take an FAA UAS online training course.

Get Ready for the New Small Drone Rule!

I have been an FAA certificated Airplane pilot for years. As such I only need to take the FAA online course, pass the FAA online test with the course and have a current flight review which as a pilot we do every 2 years. The only requirement I do not have is filing for my new rating through IACRA which is not updated to accept application for the new rating, but I am told will be this week.
I meat all these requirements and have been in communication with the local FSDO (Local FAA office) and have an appointment with them to revive my new sUAS rating on the 30th

As for the OP joet
you can find everything you need here including a link to how to prep for the test.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Reactions: Falcon900
It was the FAA's sUAS course and test for Part 61 pilots. I realize that there is a lot more to know, but as a non-pilot, I was pretty happy to pass this exam as a preliminary first step towards the real deal.

Richard I think you are referring to the OP joet.

but if you meant me then:
From the FAAs website:
To qualify for the certificate, you must either pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center or have an existing non-student Part 61 pilot certificate. If you are qualifying under the latter provision, you must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and must take an FAA UAS online training course.

Get Ready for the New Small Drone Rule!

I have been an FAA certificated Airplane pilot for years. As such I only need to take the FAA online course, pass the FAA online test with the course and have a current flight review which as a pilot we do every 2 years. The only requirement I do not have is filing for my new rating through IACRA which is not updated to accept application for the new rating, but I am told will be this week.
I meat all these requirements and have been in communication with the local FSDO (Local FAA office) and have an appointment with them to revive my new sUAS rating on the 30th

As for the OP joet
you can find everything you need here including a link to how to prep for the test.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Yep, comments were to the OP.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
It was the FAA's sUAS course and test for Part 61 pilots. I realize that there is a lot more to know, but as a non-pilot, I was pretty happy to pass this exam as a preliminary first step towards the real deal.
Roger that. But be careful, as was said, the ALC-451 course covers only a fraction of what will be on the Part 107 test. It is guaranteed to be inadequate for full prep.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20