Part missing from camera??

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum. This is my first post. I actually just bought my first phantom today from a guy. Actually two from him. Haha. Does anyone know if you can buy this piece for the camera? The piece that the gear hooks to and moves the camera up and down. I have a picture posted also. I have looked most of the day online and can't find it. Don't really know what it would be called. Any help
Is greatly appreciated.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436687640.381886.jpg

That's not a standard part that DJI sells. Try contacting some repair shops to see if they have that part left over from previous repairs. Or, maybe you can find a broken camera on eBay that someone is selling for parts.

Thanks. I will give that a try! If all else fails I think I can make it with resin. Might try it anyway I have to call dji tomorrow anyway. I screws everything up with the camera fooling with the app on my iPhone. It was picking up the camera but would show a black screen with the wheel turning. I screwed it up. Haha. Now it will pick up the wifi extender but won't find the camera. It did show the MAC address when I first got it on the app. Now I have lost it. No box either. Hopefully they can help me out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit
Thank you for the info! I have pluged it in with the power on! Didn't know that. Hope it's not ruined.

Thank you for the info! I have pluged it in with the power on! Didn't know that. Hope it's not ruined.
I have slipped up before and unplugged mine and it didn't hurt it but it can and do avoid doing it !
I was lucky and hopefully you too :)

Well the camera is actually linking up now. I met a guy today that told me to try vistumbler for windows. It's free and found the MAC address for the camera easily. It will link up and show all the info but the screen is black and the wheel just keeps turning. I thought the phantom
May need updating. I downloaded the assistant and a driver. Dang thing won't recognize the phantom. When I click on the assistant a small black screen pops up. It just sets there. It has a skip option. When I hit the skip option it goes to the assistant but none of the phantom info is there. Very frustrating. Haha

Well the camera is actually linking up now. I met a guy today that told me to try vistumbler for windows. It's free and found the MAC address for the camera easily. It will link up and show all the info but the screen is black and the wheel just keeps turning. I thought the phantom
May need updating. I downloaded the assistant and a driver. Dang thing won't recognize the phantom. When I click on the assistant a small black screen pops up. It just sets there. It has a skip option. When I hit the skip option it goes to the assistant but none of the phantom info is there. Very frustrating. Haha
Try another USB port . Not all mine will work .

Try another USB port . Not all mine will work .
Also sometimes I will just unplug and replug it back in and then will see the lights start in the assistant .

I have tried all the ports. Just tried plugging in and out also. It shows nothing. Lol. Maybe it the cord. Gonna pick up another one tomorrow.

I have tried all the ports. Just tried plugging in and out also. It shows nothing. Lol. Maybe it the cord. Gonna pick up another one tomorrow.
Have seen where that's been the problem with some . Mine have always been with the way I start it up or the usb. Luck ta ya and let us know how it goes :)

I might be starting it up wrong. Haha. What is the correct way? Thanks!
Well I have done it every way ya can I guess .
Hook up to PC
start up assistant
Power up bird .
Have done it the other way around too and had it to work . The manual says one way but that didn't work for me one day
so I just tried everything else till it did :D

Got it to find the phantom! It was a bad Ian cable. Got another issue now with no fpv.

:D With the Battery out check your plug to the camera and make sure it clicks when you slide it in .
No good...Try deleting your app and reinstalling it .

I tried all the above. Everything works but the fpv. Any other ideas? My iPhone has the newest update. I tried the wife's iPhone she haven't updated in a while. Does the same with hers and the iPad. Crazy it will record video and take pictures but no fpv.

Have you tried rebinding your extender ? I have had this and have just tried all these things just to have it suddenly come back .
Not really sure what made it do so but it did .

I held the button in on the side of the extender until the light went off and had to re enter the MAC address for the camera. Have done that a couple times.

I held the button in on the side of the extender until the light went off and had to re enter the MAC address for the camera. Have done that a couple times.
After you entered the Mac you did click the check at the top right .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav