Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Part From P3 4K Controller to P3P Controller

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Paul A Byers, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Paul A Byers

This question is for you techs out there. I installed DBS mod on my P3P controller and broke the ribbon cable on the gimbal control. I found a broken P3 4K controller 40 bucks on ebay. Guy says it was never opened. I want to rob the gimbal control knob and ribbon cable from it to fix mine. Will it work?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. jiminyfixit

Paul,
    I was looking at that controller also. The only difference I could see was the lack of a USB port. Check at the bottom of the back of the controller and see what model it is. The P3P and A are GL300A or GL300B. I'm not sure if the one you purchased has a different frequency than the GL300's, but I can't believe DJI would go to the trouble of putting different buttons and wheels in the different models. It would not be cost effective and you know DJI. :}

3. Paul A Byers

Thanks for the reply, the only thing I need it for is the gimbal control wheel and the ribbon cable. It is a GL358WB. For 40 bucks I couldn't pass it up. These controllers are expensive. If I open it up and it doesn't look like the ribbon cable is the same I will just put it back up on ebay. Hard to get parts for the insides of these things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. rdandy5875

Having had both, but neither cracked open, I'm skeptical if they will be the same.

The P3S controller was like a cheap toy (please no offense), whereas the P3A/P controller is much heavier and everything seems higher quality.

I hope it works out for you, though. GL.

5. jiminyfixit

Watch eBay in the next couple of days, as I will be parting out a GL300A that I can't get to connect to anything, other than being able to charge the battery.

Paul A Byers likes this.
  6. Paul A Byers

Will do! Thanks for the heads up.

7. Paul A Byers

Will GL300A be somewhere in the title so I will know how to search for it?

8. jiminyfixit

I can add that designator in the description box. I was thinking of listing the parts; Used DJI Phantom 3 controller parts, thumbwheel..........etc for other components. I want to test the circuit boards and the ribbon cable before I list. I'm going to test them in one of my perfect working TX's. Boy I hope I don't mess up and ruin a good TX in the process. I do this testing cameras, but have had no experience with the TX's.

9. Paul A Byers

Did you ever list the parts on ebay? I am looking for them. What is your ebay user name? I want to make sure I do not miss what you put up.

Thanks!

10. jiminyfixit

I listed them yesterday and the thumbwheels are still available, however, the ribbon cable didn't last 4min. I had no idea it would sell so fast. I wish I had more. The items are listed under "used dji phantom 3 controller" (drone cameras). All my items are under "jiminyfixit".

11. Paul A Byers

The large ribbon cable is the one that went fast? I would have taken that one, but I also need the camera control wheel with the ribbon cable attached to it. The wheel that makes the camera look forwards and down. Do you have that one?

12. rdandy5875

Why you didn't just sell it directly to the OP I have no idea. :thumbdown You could have even saved the 10% feebay commission.

13. jiminyfixit

rdandy,

I didn't realize Phantom Pilots has a "sellers police". If I told Paul what I wanted for it, I would possibly have other pilots jump in and wonder why I excluded them from my offering. I have been a member as long as I have been selling DJI items on eBay and have yet to list in the classifieds, because most of the pilots use eBay anyhow. EBay's 10% is just part of doing business and they have built a very thoughtful solution to helping business-minded folks thru the process. BTW, what is the "OP"?

14. rdandy5875

Op is original poster.

I hear ya, those have to come around for sale rarely, though. He reached out, you responded , but he's still down. Neither one of us have helped any I guess. Hopefully he will find one.

15. jiminyfixit

The thumbwheel is still available.:}