part # for ccw motor p3p

Reaction score
Hello All,

Needing to replace a CCW motor on my p3p4k and DJI support was zero help. The motors look like 2312A but I read a tech bulletin referencing this motor is only for the p3 standard.

Can anyone of you gentlemen shed some light on what motor I need?

Thank you

2312A motors are compatible with all Phantom 3 models.

2312A motors are compatible with all Phantom 3 models.

They might fit all phantom 3 shells (same mounting) however they seemingly require a specific main board revision. The new motors are higher Kv (960).

The OP seeming has a 50% chance of ordering the wrong oart if he guesses wrong.

IMG_2403.PNG

They might fit all phantom 3 shells (same mounting) however they seemingly require a specific main board revision.
The OP confirmed the motors are 2312A, so there's no need to worry about the board.

Motor is definitely not a 2312. Honestly wasn't sure if there was a difference between the 2312A motors that I found or if there was another motor that was slightly different due to my paranoia arising from the aforementioned tech bulletin. I've already ordered the motor, which was not cost prohibitive. Thanks again for the swift and knowledgeable replies.

The OP confirmed the motors are 2312A, so there's no need to worry about the board.
Yes, agreed- clearly the 2312A isn't compatible with all P3 models (at least not according to DJI tech advice).

An interesting observation looking at the mechanical attributes the new motor base provides significantly more surface area. If I was suspicious I might assume the revision in part might have been with the intent of addressing the shell cracking issue. The flat base would reduce the stress that might be applied directly to the mounting bosses on the shell.

I have two P3's. One has 2312's and the other has 2312A's. How can I determine whether they are "original" or "updated" version? Does it matter for replacing one motor?

How can I determine whether they are "original" or "updated" version?
The chart above is referring to an original/updated central board. If you have 2312A motors, you have the updated central board.

Just make sure you install the same type of motor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik