Part 107 Video

Reaction score
Let me pass on a link to an excellent video on the Part 107 test and the basic elements that are involved. Tony Norton is known as a photographer but he's been into drones for a while now and he's particularly good at communicating things. I highly recommend spending the nearly 2 hours and I suspect that those that do will be much more inclined to take and pass the test.

Brian

Pretty good production, but the video is very sparse on info. Note that the dot on an airport symbol does not show the position of the tower. That identifies a VOR (navigation aid) on the field. And also, he says Class D airports don't have towers. Just be careful with these "educational" videos that are produced by guys who didn't know anything more than you do two months ago. Best to stick with a CFI.

Pretty good production, but the video is very sparse on info. Note that the dot on an airport symbol does not show the position of the tower. That identifies a VOR (navigation aid) on the field. And also, he says Class D airports don't have towers. Just be careful with these "educational" videos that are produced by guys who didn't know anything more than you do two months ago. Best to stick with a CFI.

Yeah, he's not the most knowledgeable person out there on rules but he does provide a pretty decent coverage of the topic areas that matter and he's a very good communicator. Lot's of really smart and knowledgeable folks out there but not many of them can communicate worth a ****.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20