Part 107 test today

AHHHH... OK, that makes sense. For those of us who aren't Part 61 current, I guess it will take longer.

Remember you have to wait for the TSA vetting process to complete which could be a week or two. It should be interesting to see when they start arriving.

Remember you have to wait for the TSA vetting process to complete which could be a week or two. It should be interesting to see when they start arriving.

They said 2-4 business days when I completed the application. I was hoping they were under-promising and over-delivering, and that maybe my Pre-check background check would have sufficed. :)

Oh well, can't fly anyway with all the rain we are having in FL..

They said 2-4 business days when I completed the application. I was hoping they were under-promising and over-delivering, and that maybe my Pre-check background check would have sufficed. :)

Oh well, can't fly anyway with all the rain we are having in FL..
Ah that's quick. That would be good if they were able to process and turn them around that quickly.

Yes. Already have a current PPL.

Before you start the UAS application, make sure you don't have any "skeletons" in the closet...as DUI, arrests, pending court appearances, drug problems, warrants, overdue child/wife payments, etc. The background is done by the FBI/HLS/TSA. Don't want those skeletons to come alive...

Before you start the UAS application, make sure you don't have any "skeletons" in the closet...as DUI, arrests, pending court appearances, drug problems, warrants, overdue child/wife payments, etc. The background is done by the FBI/HLS/TSA. Don't want those skeletons to come alive...

???. Application asks for ANY DUI, drugs, convictions...I would go to the local airport/flight school and ask them. Have been told that "a few" passed the exam but not the background check, did not ask more.

Here is what part 107 says...
§ 107.57 Offenses involving alcohol or
drugs.
(a) A conviction for the violation of
any Federal or State statute relating to
the growing, processing, manufacture,
sale, disposition, possession,
transportation, or importation of
narcotic drugs, marijuana, or depressant
or stimulant drugs or substances is
grounds for:
(1) Denial of an application for a
remote pilot certificate with a small
UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year
after the date of final conviction; or
(2) Suspension or revocation of a
UAS rating.
(b) Committing an act prohibited by
§ 91.17(a) or § 91.19(a) of this chapter is
grounds for:
(1) Denial of an application for a
UAS rating for a period of up to 1 year
after the date of that act; or
(2) Suspension or revocation of a
UAS rating.

I got the temp license today, waiting for the permanent plastic one to be sent.

View attachment 63764 View attachment 63765

It doesn't give you an airman number on the temporary? You need this to apply for waivers and NAS COA's?

We have to wait for the permanent copy to apply for waivers?

EDIT

Nvm. I found the answer. You can put "Pending" on this waiver application if you have a temporary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon900
Hmmm am I missing something? Here is a quote from the FAA site: Part 107 does not apply to UAS flown strictly for fun (hobby or .... which is designed to help recreational UAS flyers know where it's safe to fly, ....

I asked if I could take a magnifying glass in, they checked it over & said OK. was a big help with the sectionals.

Keep in mind they have a pool of questions to pull from so your test could be a little different. Yeah, study all those things you mentioned. I didn't have much radio communications on mine. TAF, flying requirements for drones, stable air, yeah saw questions on those.

I went in, signed up then at the appointed time the 2 of us walked to our own computer stations. We could take nothing in - they supplied calculator (I only did one simple calcuaiton) pen, and paper. You log in with your password you picked before. Then the test comes up and a 120 min countdown timer starts. It's easy to go back and review questions before clicking the "submit" button. I wrote down #s of the ones to go back and review - the ones I had trouble with. At the end of the test the examiner came in and asked for that scratch paper which I had stuffed in my back pocket. So they are really strict about these FAA tests. It's just you and the computer, you don't see anyone else because they have partitions up. I had a bit of trouble reading the sectional charts because the lightning was not so bright and the printed sectional charts just didn't look as clear as the digital ones I had for studying. I bought a TAC and Sectional to study for the test - it was much clearer than the booklet of charts they had. So I was squinting a lot to read it. Get to know those charts intimately my best advise. You might want to take one of those $ courses if you are unsure. I studied for a month and passed but it wasn't pretty, thought I would ace the test but lol not even close. This test will weed out the not so serious folks. Good luck to everyone.

I asked if I could take a magnifying glass in, they checked it over & said OK. was a big help with the sectionals.
That is good info, I will bring one with me in two years. Glad to help out.

I did the online test for Pilots before the 29th gat the cert. Took it to the CFI I use had him sign off in my log book. On Tuesday he called and said he had more paper work to turn in so I went by sign it. On Sat. I took the test, filled out the online information on Sunday afternoon and within 10 min my temp cert was available for printing. The temp did not have any reference to my Private pilot license on it. In the iacra summary it shows my Private pilot license with all of my ratings. I think the private pilot paper process is going to take a lot longer than the online one from the testing center.

On another point I was asked, If you are not a pilot is there a fee for the TSA Vetting process? anyone know?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers