Part 107 test today

JTE

Reaction score
I took the FAA test today at a local aviation facility. 60 questions and it was hard but I passed. Learn those airspace classes inside & out and how to read sectional charts. Not one question on METARs but yours might have them. Good luck.

I am having mine this Friday...thks for the insights...what about weather ( fog, convective , fronts, stable air, etc) and TAF? and radiocommunications? and condition to fly VFR in the airspaces?

It seams the question selection varies quite a bit per test. I had several METAR questions on my test and a bunch of other weather related questions and my friend Nick only had 2 weather questions.

Reactions: Falcon900
I am having mine this Friday...thks for the insights...what about weather ( fog, convective , fronts, stable air, etc) and TAF? and radiocommunications? and condition to fly VFR in the airspaces?

Keep in mind they have a pool of questions to pull from so your test could be a little different. Yeah, study all those things you mentioned. I didn't have much radio communications on mine. TAF, flying requirements for drones, stable air, yeah saw questions on those.

I went in, signed up then at the appointed time the 2 of us walked to our own computer stations. We could take nothing in - they supplied calculator (I only did one simple calcuaiton) pen, and paper. You log in with your password you picked before. Then the test comes up and a 120 min countdown timer starts. It's easy to go back and review questions before clicking the "submit" button. I wrote down #s of the ones to go back and review - the ones I had trouble with. At the end of the test the examiner came in and asked for that scratch paper which I had stuffed in my back pocket. So they are really strict about these FAA tests. It's just you and the computer, you don't see anyone else because they have partitions up. I had a bit of trouble reading the sectional charts because the lightning was not so bright and the printed sectional charts just didn't look as clear as the digital ones I had for studying. I bought a TAC and Sectional to study for the test - it was much clearer than the booklet of charts they had. So I was squinting a lot to read it. Get to know those charts intimately my best advise. You might want to take one of those $ courses if you are unsure. I studied for a month and passed but it wasn't pretty, thought I would ace the test but lol not even close. This test will weed out the not so serious folks. Good luck to everyone.

It seams the question selection varies quite a bit per test. I had several METAR questions on my test and a bunch of other weather related questions and my friend Nick only had 2 weather questions.

Yeah, not surprised since they have a pool of questions to pick from. I wish I had METAR questions, I knew them inside out since weather is my thing.

I took mine this morning as well. A lot of it was easy but there were a few questions where I was like,,,"What the HELL?!" My biggest problem were the questions where you had to use the companion book and charts in them. I forgot my reading glasses and the print on those charts was VERY small. So if you have trouble reading fine print, you better bring something to address that. Overall if you take the FAA provided study course and take the practice exam you will do fine. Don't waste your money on the bs study courses people have going out there. No need. Save your cash for the $150 test cost.

Reactions: Jsb CA

I definitely had questions on all of the above except for VFR conditions.

I had questions that weren't on any of the practice tests as well.

Well, the FAA page is down, no surprise since is a Gov. link/page.
Also some info are wrong on the instructions. Since I am a pilot and in current condition I do not need to take the test but the application is not clear.
Capture.PNG

Dacon you were already Part 61 Certified correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers