Part 107 pass rates

I just read this online today via the Hover app regarding part 107 statistics thus far:

1338 people completed the test on Monday and Tuesday, and the pass rate from those two days was 88 percent, according to an FAA spokesperson.

The pass rate for an airplane private pilot is 89.44%.
The pass rate for an airplane recreational pilot is 78.69%.
The pass rate for an airplane commercial pilot is 95.7

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did a nonscientific poll of this forum earlier this fall number seem to be about right for typical FAA exams

POLL CLOSED: Results of 107 Pass Rates?

I don't want to start a new thread so I am going to bump this one. I have a few people in town giving me offers to take pictures with my Phantom 3 for them, and I might try and take the Part 107 test. How hard is the test and how long did you guys study for it? Was it worth the $150? Any information would be great.
If you hold a part 61 certificate but don't have a current flight review you will need to either get a current flight review and take the 30 question online course OR take the 60 question test on site in person just like any noncertified person would have to. I hold several part 61 ratings but have not flown for over 30 years. As a result do not have a current flight review. I took a 2 day prep course and then the 60 question FAA test and only missed one of the 60. I believe that if you can still read sectionals and study the material posted on most web sites you would pass the test with ease.

Reactions: Bob Thacker
It's a 60 question multiple choice exam. You have to get at least 70% correct. The thing to remember is that it is a pilot exam and has a number of pilot topics on it. Some of them I personally don't think are incredibly relevant, but the FAA never asked me.

It covers topics like regulations, airspace, reading sectionals, reading aviation weather, operations, emergencies, some basic aerodynamics and loading and performance. If you study and take practice tests, it's not hard. If you don't study....probably gonna be a bit harder.

There's some more information on the test here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20