Part 107 pass rates

Reaction score
I just read this online today via the Hover app regarding part 107 statistics thus far:

1338 people completed the test on Monday and Tuesday, and the pass rate from those two days was 88 percent, according to an FAA spokesperson.

The pass rate for an airplane private pilot is 89.44%.
The pass rate for an airplane recreational pilot is 78.69%.
The pass rate for an airplane commercial pilot is 95.7

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What about non pilots? I am a pilot and and I passed on Saturday. The guy proctoring the test said he had only two pass the test so far and both had been pilots. He is at a flight school and they are looking to put together a course for non pilots.

Oh, It is hard to believe that a Pilot would not pass the test unless he just took it with looking at the course material.

Reactions: BigAl07
What about non pilots? I am a pilot and and I passed on Saturday. The guy proctoring the test said he had only two pass the test so far and both had been pilots. He is at a flight school and they are looking to put together a course for non pilots.
Did he say how many total had taken the RP test?

He did not, It was the CATS sight in Millington Jetport, just north of Memphis.
They have three testing stations.
When I called to take the test the first opening they had was on Saturday. I was the only one testing on Saturday.
So I don't know how many test sessions they have a day.

I tried to test on the 29th in Clarksville but they booked. And they did not test on the weekend.

I don't get those numbers on pass rates; if its Part 61 pilots. You get 35 questions that you redo if you miss until one hits 100%. OR maybe I'm the one who's smoking something.

I don't get those numbers on pass rates; if its Part 61 pilots. You get 35 questions that you redo if you miss until one hits 100%. OR maybe I'm the one who's smoking something.
Part 61 pilots like me are also taking the non pilot test. For me it is case I can no longer pass my physical. I am an old guy.

Reactions: Falcon900
You are referring to the FAA training course for current Part 61 pilots who want to get their Remote Pilot Certificate based on some manned aircraft pilot certificate they hold. The stand alone part 107 remote pilot test is a different thing.

That is correct Falcon and I am indeed referring to the Part 61 exam. I'm just curious that if all are required to have 100% on the exam, why are there 88%, 78% and 95% displayed above and not 100%.

h
That is correct Falcon and I am indeed referring to the Part 61 exam. I'm just curious that if all are required to have 100% on the exam, why are there 88%, 78% and 95% displayed above and not 100%.
The part 61 thing you are talking about is a training program, not an exam. It's very common in training programs to have the trainee review missed items until a correct answer is chosen. It's part of the training so you know all the subject matter.

Gotcha Falcon. I just curious as to how they arrived at those numbers. since they referred to it as a "pass rate"

h
The part 61 thing you are talking about is a training program, not an exam. It's very common in training programs to have the trainee review missed items until a correct answer is chosen. It's part of the training so you know all the subject matter.

No, it's the actual test for existing pilots to get certified for UAVs. For the rest of us, it was just practice. I think the OP is NOT talking about that test, but rather the 60 question test, and if so, shows no stats for non pilots pass rate.

Thanks Multicopter. That's what I I'm trying to get. I took that 30 something question test for existing pilots; which I assume that is what the numbers are for. I'm thinking that those numbers are for the first run through the test by existing pilots and not the retakes.

I believe there is a 14 day wait-period for retest.

Too soon to have any retakes???

That is correct N017RW on the 60 question test for the non-pilots. But on the 61 test, it just has you go back and correct the ones you missed while you are in the chair. I missed two on the first round. It came back and said you must score 100%, so I went back and changed those answers, then it said congrats, here's your purdy piece of paper.

Reactions: Falcon900
No, it's the actual test for existing pilots to get certified for UAVs. For the rest of us, it was just practice. I think the OP is NOT talking about that test, but rather the 60 question test, and if so, shows no stats for non pilots pass rate.
I hate to bicker over details, but using proper terms is very important in aviation. The process a current part 61 pilot use is not a test, it's a training course. See this:
KRS-107-training-cert-800pxl.jpg

This certificate says Online Course, that means training.

Also, from AC-107-2:
• Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing
center (KTC). However, a person who already holds a pilot certificate issued under
14 CFR part 61, except a student pilot certificate, and has successfully completed a
flight review in accordance with part 61 within the previous 24 calendar-months is
only required to successfully complete a part 107 online training course, found at
www.faasafety.gov. For more information concerning aeronautical knowledge tests
and training, see paragraph 6.6.

I don't want to start a new thread so I am going to bump this one. I have a few people in town giving me offers to take pictures with my Phantom 3 for them, and I might try and take the Part 107 test. How hard is the test and how long did you guys study for it? Was it worth the $150? Any information would be great.

This part 107 is only if you want to get paid correct? Basic fun flyin we just need the 3 year permit? But I would love to know how the test was multiple choice ? How hard as asked above and worth it. I'll be watching this to learn more thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20