Part 107 Flight City of Industry

Reaction score
So far I've only been flying in rural areas far from controlled airspaces. Just wanted to double check and see if anyone would let me know if they see any problems with a flight in City of Industry, CA regarding airspace or local laws. Thanks.

First thing should always be to look at the sectional. What is the airspace designation for where you planned to fly?

So far I've only been flying in rural areas far from controlled airspaces. Just wanted to double check and see if anyone would let me know if they see any problems with a flight in City of Industry, CA regarding airspace or local laws. Thanks.
I can't speak to your local laws, but the Airspace around City of Industry is remarkably restriction free if you stay East of S. 7th Avenue. Surface to 699 AGL - Class G, 700 AGL to 3999 MSL - Class E .
Depending on your actual location, you would be apx (6) miles SE of San Gabriel Valley Airport, (EMT).
If you go West of 7th Avenue you will be crossing into EMT Class D, (when the tower is in operation), and you would be required to obtain Auth/Waiver if Part 107.
See the Note of Caution on the Sectional:
"Intensive Flight Training Below 2000'. Monitor 123.025", (if capable)
Also check for TFR's prior to flight.
VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan