Part 107 course recommendations

Reaction score
i am considering signing up for an online course to prep for the part 107 exam. Has anyone here taken a course and what was your experience? Most are in the $200-300 range, and it's the quality of the course I'm interested in.
Thank you

Currently taking UAV Coach Drone Pilot Ground School. I think it's $299 and I highly recommend it. I think you can get the same info from the FAA but not as orderly and easily presented. I'm taking the test next Wed so I'll have a better idea how well it prepares you after that! Fingers crossed, prayers, and many hours of study in preparation so hopefully this time next week I'll be good to go!! As for the course, it is broken in to sections with a 10 question quiz at the end of each topic then a 25 question at the end of the section. There are also 5 complete practice tests. I haven't done any of the full length tests yet as I'm just now getting through all the material. Yes $299 is more than I wanted to pay but if I fail the test, that's another $150 on top of the initial $150.

I agree, better to pass first time.
I looked into that and I was ready to sign up too, but although I signed up for early notification I missed the cut off for the $50 discount, so I'm looking at my other options too. Seems like a decent option and sounds like you're satisfied.
Good luck on the test. I'm interested in hearing people's experience and what the pass rate is.

Anyone heard of "Drone Pilot Ground School"- UAV Coach $

Here's a fairly detailed thread with some suggestions for you. I'm familiar with the Gold Seal program and coming from a Pilot's background it felt accurate as to how FAA testing will probably happen with Part 107.

Good luck and safe flights.
Allen

Reactions: Falcon900
I'm doing this one right now. I like the instructor's teaching method.

Remote Pilot 101 |

$99 for now. Then back up to $299 I heard.

Yup! I just signed up. I was all set to sign up for UAV Coach Drone Pilot Ground School but they wouldn't give me the $50 discount because I missed the deadline. After some recommendations here I signed up for Remotepilots101 course.
It seems very well laid out and covers all of the relevant topics. Instructor is very well qualified and the course is available for life, so if recertification is necessary a few years from now I can go through it again.
They really seem to care about teaching responsible flying and less about it being a business.

Reactions: Norman card
I took the online course at GoldSealDroneSchool.com. $199 with the $50 “PhantomPilots50” discount code. No previous pilot training. Some military map reading experience. I completed the course in three 8-hour days. I went through the entire course material, a second time, in two 8-hour days. I took the FAA exam three days later feeling confident. Needed a score of 70. Passed with score of 85. Received my temp FAA certification, today.

The Gold Seal course is broken into “sections” and “modules” which makes the course a pleasant experience. Can you pass the exam without this course? I think you CAN by studying all the FAA recommended material and studying all the related YouTube videos on the subject. It would have taken me three times as long to prepare, however, and I would have taken the exam with much less confidence and probably much less of a score. The course focuses on what’s important. It really comes down to how much your time is worth and whether you want to risk another $150 to take the FAA exam a second time (Gold Seal guarantees you will pass the exam after passing the course). For me, it was well worth the money.

Unlike most other courses, Gold Seal let's you try the course out for free. Register, then you can take the first three lessons without charge. See how you like it before plunking down your hard-earned money.

And here's a free test you can try and you don't even have to sign up: FAA Part 107 Ground School

Gold Seal has a "You Pass or We Pay" guarantee.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20