Part 107 check list

Reaction score
Does anyone have a preflight and or maintenance checklists that they are using to satisfy the FAA Part 107 requirements that they would share?

Does anyone have a preflight and or maintenance checklists that they are using to satisfy the FAA Part 107 requirements that they would share?
Here ya go: https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/451/1460/PreflightInspectionChecklist.pdf

as far as maintenance goes you may want to sign up for a gold plan at healthydrones.com and use their maintenance schedule.

I should add that on the phantom 4 quick release props I put a mark on the hub and screw so I can tell if the screws have loosened at all.

Reactions: FunN4lo and BigAl07
Here ya go: https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/451/1460/PreflightInspectionChecklist.pdf

as far as maintenance goes you may want to sign up for a gold plan at healthydrones.com and use their maintenance schedule.

I should add that on the phantom 4 quick release props I put a mark on the hub and screw so I can tell if the screws have loosened at all.

Thanks for that list. I Googled and didn't find it. I am on the gold plan at HD, awesome tool for sure. I posted on their Google group forum a suggestion to put a checklist in their app. It would be such a great addition. Everything in one spot. As an apparent fan of HD, If you think that would be an awesome idea, go give it some love. Google Groups

That list is a good start, however half of the items don't apply to DJI craft. Many important things are missing such as:
1. Check props clips to insure they haven't loosened (P4, P4P, Inspire, Mavic). Double check props, insure they are screwed on or clipped on securely.
2. Double check battery pack is clipped in securely and charged
3. Check body shell for cracks
4. Turn on tracking device if equipped (Marco Polo, Trackimo)
5. Make sure craft has an SD card installed with enough storage space to record the flight (this is visible from Go app)
6. When connection is made to craft initially, insure map has accurately marked your home point.
7. Double check battery level before take off. Look at voltage deviations between each cell in the GO app to assess the health of the battery pack.
8. Set RTH height to an acceptable level, based on the mission plan and surrounding mountains, trees or buildings.
9. When taking off, let the craft hover for 10 seconds, make sure things look and act right.
10. Engage obstacle avoidance, if desired
11. Make sure the proper ND filter is installed for the current lighting, or set aperture appropriately on P4P
12. Make sure the camera lens filter is clean and screwed on tight
13. Calibrate compass only if the last calibration was 50mi away, or the GO app requests it, or you have just updated the craft firmware.
14. Note any significant wind and direction. Plan the mission accordingly to compensate for RTH battery requirements. Fly upwind if possible.

Reactions: FunN4lo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31